Cooper Club for Charities (c3) A MINI COOPER club supporting charities across the nation. Visit the club site at www.c3club.org

OctaneGuy Detailing MINIs --Available for Hire

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OctaneGuy Detailing MINIs --Available for Hire

c3 Members,

I've decided to open up my detailing services outside of the club now to help pay some of my bills. This will not affect our regular free detail clinics for club members. As you know I enjoy detailing our MINIs and making them shine so much and never really considered accepting payment until recently when I was asked by people if I'd work on their cars.

I set up a new website and launched the service with postcards that I made with DiD and his Motoring Photography services at the 2005 Long Beach Rally.

http://MINiniM.com

I came up with the name MINiniM to emphasive the mirror image or reflections on the MINI, and I didn't want a typical name like Rick's Detailing Garage.

Here is a recent NAM members MINI--actually she was my first NAM customer since I started my new business.

Notice the dull reflection before I worked on it

Or more noticeably here:

My emphasis is on exterior detailing, though I will do basic interior dusting, removing marks/residue such as from the airbag stickers, vacuuming, air freshening.

Depending on the paint condition, the least amount of time it takes is 2 hours but typical is 4 to 5 hours, and that will follow the 5 step Meguiar's process to ensure a swirl free, smooth as glass finish.

This time also involves inspection and removal of minor defects like clearcoat scratches, bird poo etchings,etc... and I will go over every single one of them with you and determine whether I can remove them 100% or not.

Finally, keeping in line with our detailing clinics and making me different from other detailers is that I encourage participation in detailing your MINI, or atleast understanding the process so that you can continue to maintain the show quality shine from day to day.

So check out the site to see lots of Before and Afters and what types of scratches I can remove or not remove!

Finally, because of my relationships with South Bay MINI and Long Beach MINI, all new MINI owners from these dealers get a discount!

Richard

Old 11-22-2005, 09:40 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen Richard in action from start to finish and he does a GREAT job.

(Hey Richard, don't forget my 10%)

Earl

Old 11-22-2005, 01:18 PM
OctaneGuy
Ooooooo thanks Earl. Pssst. Here's your cut.
Thanks buddy!!

Richard

Originally Posted by 10851CS
I've seen Richard in action from start to finish and he does a GREAT job.

(Hey Richard, don't forget my 10%)

Earl

Old 12-06-2005, 01:16 PM
cinnaMINI2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can vouch!

He did an AWESOME job on my car! Richard is a detailing NUT. And a nice guy to boot. Really, he is as he advertises. PM me if you want a more detailed referral. I think my car will be a good example as I leave it outside at night and parked in a structure during the day and a daily driver. Will post later how this finish lasts. THANK YOU again, Richard!

Old 12-06-2005, 10:30 PM
OctaneGuy
Wow, cinnaMINI2 that was really nice of you! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! Here are pix from her detail:

http://littlemini.us/showcar/case8.asp

Today I went and did a test detail on this Mercedes--and will be returning Friday for the full thing.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=10094

This just shows that with a little bit of work, and the right tools and skills, even a heavily swirled out car that the owner thought needed to be repainted can be restored. (left side of line is the buffed line in case you couldn't tell!)

Tomorrow, I'll be shooting a detailing video (and working behind the scenes) in Mojave of this Corvette

The car belongs to an engineer of SpaceShipOne

Originally Posted by cinnaMINI2
He did an AWESOME job on my car! Richard is a detailing NUT. And a nice guy to boot. Really, he is as he advertises. PM me if you want a more detailed referral. I think my car will be a good example as I leave it outside at night and parked in a structure during the day and a daily driver. Will post later how this finish lasts. THANK YOU again, Richard!