AC Delco Battery - North American Motoring

Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Delco Battery

Old 10-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Neutral

AC Delco Battery

What series/model AC Delco battery does anybody run on their classic Mini? I have no choice but to buy an AC Delco Battery
Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 AM
OVERDRIVE

I use a good group 75/35, fits fine and has plenty of umph

neither the Haynes or the original owners manual I have give a US group size .... I just measured the box then went and found something that would fit. When I got the car it had something physically small in it - aka cheap. I bought as much battery as would fit! The battery box is big and the terminals are on top and easy to get to .... lots of different sizes will fit (unlike my daily driver where even the 'right' group barely fits!)

Haynes lists capacity as 30 to 50 amp hour, 12v of course; you can't have too much amps, but need 'enuf' so it is possible to buy too small. Remember that 'group size' relates to physical dimensions and the location of the terminals (top or side, 'reversed' or normal) .... AMPS (capacity) will vary based on $$.

Last edited by Capt_bj; 11-01-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Neutral

Thank you for the information