Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Mini ERA Turbo parts car

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:48 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
If you are planning to ship it home I'd leave it all together till you get it home.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Hudaman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the disassembly guide mk1leg, always good to have the words from someone who has actually put spanner to bolt chime in.

There is only one problem with that MINIdave, I actually would rather keep in 1 large lump, however, the engine now sits in the back of my minivan and I have no ideas how to get it out solo. I mean, I do need a engine hoist/cherry picker so that would be a way, but I think even if I pulled the alt and ac comp and anything else easily removed, its still going to weigh too much. Disassembling everything would make things more manageable, and I'm running out of storage space for everything.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I doubt you can lift a complete shortblock off the transmission by hand either.....I build Mini engine//transmissions in my shop so, BTDT many times!

See if you can get a buddy to help lift it out of the van?

I hate getting engines to build when they were torn down by someone else, there are always important pieces missing and things rust and get dirty while in transit or waiting to be moved. Best idea is to clean it, bolt it to a pallet and stretch wrap it thoroughly to ship it. That way all the oily bits stay oily and nothing goes missing......

Old 05-14-2017, 11:33 AM
mk1leg
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
yes you can as you can get a good grip on the crank shaft end and crank pulley

Old 11-10-2020, 06:32 AM
Gernando
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts

Hi, do you still have some parts?