Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

What would you guess your Mini is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
What would you guess your Mini is worth?

Investors are finding other ways to invest their money for greater returns. Vintage motorcycles and cars are appreciating faster than many more traditional investment instruments. It's not surprising the Classic Mini is now receiving a great deal of attention.

What is your Mini worth? What would you like to do to it to make it worth even more?

Click here for more!

Please share your pictures and estimates.

$20,250!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
I'm rather sad to see your article adding to the confusion about Mini vs Mini Cooper ...

"Back then, Mini Coopers were everywhere. But with the passage of time, more and more Minis are biting the dust and as a result, those remaining Mini Coopers are now demanding "Classic" prices.

According to Automobile Mag “…some 5,387,862 had been manufactured worldwide by the time production ended in October 2000. "

I don't think "Coopers" were ever EVERYWHERE ... but Minis were!

Of the 5.3 million Mini produced how many were Cooper or Cooper S? In his book, WALTON provides a total production # of 146,101 ..... meaning an optimistic 3% of Mini are "true" Cooper / Cooper S (I only count the production from 61 thru 71 .... the TRUE Cooper. Rovers don't count.)

"Cooper" was an option package .... and one never intended for sale to the general public ......

So a TRUE Cooper is RARE and should command more $$. SADLY many buyers fail to do sufficient research and ASSUME all Mini are Cooper - a confusion reinforced by the MINI calling everything a Cooper. I hear a dozen people an hour look at my 79
at car shows and announce to their group, "a real Mini Cooper!"

Not every 66 Mustang is a GT-350 and a perfectly restored 66 Mustang should never command the same dollars as a very rare and equally restored 66 GT-350. Problem with the 'stang, like the Mini is MANY "plain" cars become GT-350 {or Cooper} when the owners invests a few dollars in the readily available badges and stickers as they "Cooperize" during a rebuild.

IMO a lot of sellers are not really out to 'screw' the buyer .... they don't know either and get caught up in the current hype ...

My point? Buyer Beware ...... a 'classic car' can be a good investment if you actually buy a "collectable" ......

BUT in the end, a used car is worth exactly what the check in your hand says when you sell it!!!!!

Last edited by Capt_bj; 09-19-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:49 PM
MiniMoMir
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was watching the live auction when that Mini went for 20k. I think it surprised most who were watching, but in the end, it was worth it to someone!