Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Almond Green GN37 code info

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM
keith bramer
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almond Green GN37 code info

Hey all,
I am doing a frame off for a ute, actually for the past 8 years, and am ready to paint. I am using the GN37 Almond green and want to use the PPG CLV one stage paint system. My paint folks are having trouble dialing in the code for Ditzler-PPG. Their books say that it is the color for Rover and does not mention the mini, which was a stock color at one time. It was also used on the Morris Minor and the MG Midgets. Anyone know the PPG formula or any other codes that might be applicable? I really want to make sure before I hand over the $ that the paint costs!
appreciate any help..............
thanks, keith bramer
san jose, ca

Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Madoc
3rd Gear
With the price of paint you can't be too careful. This site show colors for early post war MGs. Almond green is pretty much Almond green across the BMC/ BMH range. Scroll down to the paint colors and you'll see that Almond green is Ditzler-PPG 44159. Don't take the screen color too seriously - it's tough to match paint colors on a monitor. This page will give you a look at an Almond green Countryman. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
rl48mini
2nd Gear
Have you checked with the Mini Mania message board? They have a 365 day search feature. I know this subject has been discussed.
One of the suggestions was to try to get a sample of the mix and paint it on a piece of scrap. Some people have not been happy with the color when seen on a larger format and made adjustments to the mix from there. (such as too much yellow for their taste and added black to the mix to tone it down a bit and get a more subdued look)

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 AM
dimini
6th Gear
Keith,

When get it painted, please post some photos for us. I love Almond green and think its perfect for a trucklette. Might top it off nicely with an Old English White roof?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
2phun
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Madoc
This page will give you a look at an Almond green Countryman. Good luck!
Madoc, thanks so much for that link. I've been searching for just such a site, and this one quickly answered my question!