Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

WTB Brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:51 AM
exbumblebee03
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB Brakes...

hey, aim lookin for a cheap replacment brakes fo rmy MINI, anyone has any used rotors/pads in good condition? I dont track/racy my car, just need something in a good price... or what other cheap breake upgrade is outthere

Thank You very much
Peter

Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by exbumblebee03
hey, aim lookin for a cheap replacment brakes fo rmy MINI, anyone has any used rotors/pads in good condition? I dont track/racy my car, just need something in a good price... or what other cheap breake upgrade is outthere

Thank You very much
Peter
I've got stock pads in storage halfway across the country

For stock replacements I went to AdvanceAuto (Autozone carries the same thing)

There was a 25 for a set option or a 50 for the ceramic uprade. I got he ceramics, just did the fronts. much more stopping power quieter front ans next to no dust on the fronts. I'm quite pleased. While you're at it get a good DOT 4 (Valvoine has a good product and its whats currently in my resivoir) brake fluid. (3 or 4 bucks for a bottle) Whole process with a spare set of compentent hands and the right tools it can eb done for less than 60-30 dollars and round abouts an hours worth of actual work.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
SRICHS
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Motor On
I've got stock pads in storage halfway across the country

For stock replacements I went to AdvanceAuto (Autozone carries the same thing)

There was a 25 for a set option or a 50 for the ceramic uprade. I got he ceramics, just did the fronts. much more stopping power quieter front ans next to no dust on the fronts. I'm quite pleased. While you're at it get a good DOT 4 (Valvoine has a good product and its whats currently in my resivoir) brake fluid. (3 or 4 bucks for a bottle) Whole process with a spare set of compentent hands and the right tools it can eb done for less than 60-30 dollars and round abouts an hours worth of actual work.
Stock fluid is dot 4 fyi. Be careful waht you get as far as pads go, a lot of pads from parts stores like autozone aren't as good; they dust less but stopping power is also less. Ceramic is a good way to go. Factory pads are good but have a lot of dust.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 AM
exbumblebee03
2nd Gear
thx guys. im just gonna get somne replacments rotors ( maybe slotted) and some ceramic pads

Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 AM
chigh
2nd Gear
very good prices

at alleurasianautoparts.com

for anything stock or stock replacements, eg zimmerman rotors and other stock pads as well. Last time I looked rotors were $37.00