Capital Area MINI Modders (CAMM) The Capital Area MINI Modders club forum.

I don't trust anyone at Passport Mini.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
robynlori
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't trust anyone at Passport Mini.

And I have NEVER had such rude and arrogant service at any dealership in the almost 30 years that I have been driving.

In addition using Mini of Sterling for service, we will also be buying our next Mini (we will be a two Mini family soon) there.

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]The problem started out very small. My temporary tags were about to expire and I either needed new temp tags or to get confirmation that my permanent tags were en route to me.

It took literally a dozen emails and phone messages, including one of each for the general manager of the dealership.

The only response that I got after a solid week of phoning and emailing was a voice mail saying "we have no record of you purchasing a car, you are not in our system."

Come to find out that although I paid the down payment and we made it VERY clear that it was my car and I would be both paying for it and driving it, they filed all of the paper work in my fiance's name.

[/FONT]Once we dealt with that problem (or so I thought) they told me that the person who should have gotten my tags -- that they charged me $400 for!- had quit and they were behind.

No apology, but they did offer to overnite a new set of temporary tags, so I was a little miffed about the rudeness and sexism, but not SERIOUSLY upset.

That happened the next day when I got home from work and discovered a notice from Fed Ex that they needed a signature for the package and that it could be picked up at their Chantilly facility.

That is when mild irritation turned into white hot anger.

When I handed them my driver's license and the slip, Fed Ex told me that they could not release the package to me because Passport had sent my tags to my fiance and he was the only one who could sign for them.

A few days later, I got an email saying that I would be getting a survey in the mail and to please let them know if there was any reason why I would not give them top marks.

I replied and told them exactly why I was unhappy with their dealership, and cc'd the general manager.

They way that they dealt with my unhappiness?

I never got the survey from Mini.

I guess that is one way to deal with an unhappy customer.