British Car Council (Central Ohio) The British Car Council forum.

Central Ohio British Car Events

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
bulldogmini
Coordinator :: British Car Council (Central Ohio)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Central Ohio British Car Events

[font=Arial]Hi everyone, Tony Burgess here. I have been coordinating MINI/Mini specific events in the Central Ohio area for the past three years and other British Car events in Ohio since 1989. We've done about 6-8 events a year including "Cruise-ins" at Quaker Steak & Lube, "Spring Warm-ups", "Charity Drives for Children's Hospital", "Fall Colours Tours" and other events.

This year's list contains three Quaker Steak & Lube events, some Saturday morning tech-sessions at MAG MINI, the run to King's Island for the "Italian Job" event, plus several other events.

At this time, there are over 350 people on the mailing list. Hope you can join us at some events.

Cheers
Tony Burgess
'69 British Open Classic "XX SMALL"
'02 Cooper 'S' Hatchback "EX SMALL"
'05 Cooper 'S' Convertible "AIR MINI"
==============================================
Below are some upcoming events:

SATURDAYS WITH THE TECH - probably starting in April
Chad at MAG has been working behind the scenes for some time now to put together "Saturday With The Tech" sessions - probably once a month. These are intended to provide an opportunity for you to talk to the MINI tech's about your car (and maybe coffee and doughnuts too).

BRITISH CAR DAY at METRO PLACE - DUBLIN, Ohio
Our 21st annual British Car Day will be held this year on May 15th at Metro Place in Dublin, OH (northwest side of Columbus). There is also a driving tour on Saturday afternoon and a Hospitality Suite on Saturday night before the show. The show has been held at Easton Town Center for the past five years but we outgrew the space and had to find a new location.
If you'd like more information or a Registration form, please send me an e-mail at BRITSatMETRO@AOL.COM or visit http://members.aol.com/BRITSatMETRO

QUAKER STEAK
We have finalized our dates for Quaker Steak and Lube this year. They are - all Monday nights at 7:00pm at "The Lube" on Lyra Drive in Columbus:
* MAY 23
* JULY 18
* SEPT 26
This year, these gatherings are open to ALL BRITISH CARS - a British Car Cruise-In. Should be fun with all the MINI's older brothers/cousins.

"ITALIAN JOB RUN" to KING'S ISLAND - CINCINNATI
You may have heard that King's Island is unveiling a new ride this spring called "The Italian Job" We are working with Chad at MAG but don't have a date for this yet - stay tuned.

BRITISH CAR WEEK - MAY 28 - JUNE 5
This has been a growing event nationally over the past several years to encourage folks to drive their British Cars.

MINI MEET EAST
Plans are coming together for this year's Mini Meet East to be held here in Columbus. Save the date - JULY 1-2-3. A really cool few days and some major Mini craziness!! We are expecting several hundred classic and new MiNi's for the three day event.
I am responsible for vendors and sponsorships, so if you'd like to donate an item for the raffle, rent a vendor space, or sponsor an event, please let me know. Be sure to visit www.mme2005.com for more details and a Registration form.

MINI BREAKFAST
Thanks to Aaron and Andrea Cornaby who have hosted a couple MINI breakfasts at Bob Evans. Need some cool MINI gear? Please visit their website at http://www.outmotoring.com
Aaron also hosts the Mid-Ohio Motoring Club site on this forum so please visit that too.

ALL-OHIO Mini/MINI MEET - (Summer)
Last year, about 50 cars participated in this casual picnic despite a conflict with another event. More to come.

Run To The Original Quaker Steak & Lube - Sharon, PA
The first Quaker Steak & Lube in Sharon, PA was originally a Quaker State gas station. It is now a very-fun eatery with a huge collection of automotive regalia (including a full-size railway steam engine). Current thinking is we would leave to arrive in Sharon about 1:00pm, then head home about 3:00.

[/font]

Old 11-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Bear
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, just picked up my '06 DS MCS. Live in Worthington, OH. How do I get hooked into the emails and attend events?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:41 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a MIN and live in powell. Can i get on the mailing list?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 AM
pooch1
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post