Bluegrass MINIs (Kentucky) The Bluegrass MINIs club forum. Visit our club site at http://www.bgminis.org/

Hi there everyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM
mpminiman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there everyone

We are classic mini owners, 1975, got Harvey three weeks ago, and considering he's a classic, we don't want just ANY body working on the rust spots and engine. We want someone who's reputable, knows what they are doing with mini's, and doesn't sand blast away the rust. we have a few deep spots that will need to be fixed, and some surface rust, plus the engines running a bit rough, the bracket holding the muffler broke in half the other day, and three parts of Harvey is being held together by zipties, muffler included. Theres a squeal coming from the front left side of the car, and we are just so new with the engine we don't really know what we are doing or what to look for. I'm somewhat knowlegdable of engines. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good body shop that's in or within 20 miles of fort knox with decent prices and knows what the heck they are doing with a Mini. Thanks in advance. I would appreciate numbers as well as websites if they have them.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Uncl3
5th Gear
You need to talk to Buddy Minrath(C5mini). He recently restored a classic and I think he used Corvettes and Classics in Louisville. I've gotten some work done by them in the past on some plastic molding that I had painted for the mini. Outstanding work and I highly recommend. For engine work, I'll let someone else chime in on this.

Corvettes and Classics
700 Vine St
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 625-1901

Couldn't tell you where to go in the knox area but Downtown Lou is just a short drive down Dixie Hwy.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM
minimk11959
1st Gear
Unique Automotive off bardstown road Lou. would be your 1 stop for minor or major work Bruce dominuque 502-452-2688 come to the british bash this sat June 6 at the st. joes orphanage Franfort ave Lou all british cars will be several classic minis Classic jim

Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 AM
mpminiman
1st Gear
thanks.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
crossedxsparrow
1st Gear
unique is great if time is not an issue. he is great and is well priced. had my 74 there several times and can always call for advice.