Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

New October Event For AMOK

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:31 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New October Event For AMOK

If anyone wants to go, please start lining up on this thread. If there is interest, we will finalize details by the week of.

AXIS AND ALLIES
WINGS AND WHEELS
RALLY AND DISPLAY

RAZORBACK WING EAA
GRIDER FIELD, PINE BLUFF, AR
OCTOBER 31, 2009
Excellent photo ops Warbird rides available Donations only Mid-Afternoon
Meal Sponsored by: Razorback Wing EAA and British Motoring Club of Arkansas
Including:
Arkansas Z Car Club
Ozark Region Porsche Club
Arkansas Miata Club
Dixie Car Club
Meet at Dixon Rd. exit, I-530 South,
Subway sandwich store Parking Lot
at 9:45 a.m., leaving at 10:00 a.m.
INFO: Call RON McLEOD- (501) 851-2640,
or DENNIS JAMES (501) 376-9654

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Tess
4th Gear
anybody?

I'll be there.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Tess
4th Gear
nobody??

Old 10-25-2009, 06:31 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
We'll be picking up our MINI that day! Otherwise yes we would definitely make it!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Tess
4th Gear
long time no see!! Looking forward to seeing the new mini

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Tess
4th Gear
More info i received via email:
Fellow Members:

We’ve enjoyed many special events this year and had numerous opportunities to make new friends and I suppose you thought my gibberish had ended for the year but guess what….I’m back again with another chance for you to participate in history, albeit CACC History.

This coming weekend, October 31st, Halloween, is the Fly-In at Grider Field in Pine Bluff. We’d sure like to have another great turnout like the one we had this past weekend at “Vettes & Turkeys” in Tull that was hosted by Phil & Margie. Many thanks and we hope this becomes an annual event!

The EAA Fly-In is an annual event for a group known in the past as the Razorback Wing of the Commemorative Air Force / Confederate Air Force. We have been invited to participate in this event along with several other car clubs, such as:
British Motoring Club of Arkansas
Porche club
CAMS club
Miata club (not confirmed yet)

This is a day of fun and fellowship and does not involve registration or judging but there will be some special choice awards in which a few cars and driver will receive an honorary “Silk Flying Scarf” Each club will donate $15.00 to pay for the scarves and there will be a mid-day meal of hamburgers and hot dogs and all the fixins for a suggested donation of $5.00. Some pilots may be giving rides in their planes and donations will be accepted by them to help cover fuel costs. Perhaps we can arrange to reciprocate after the flying is done by taking them on a little flying of our own!!

Of particular interest is that pictures of the airfield, cars, and planes will be taken from the air. Depending on the hosts setup at the field we may be able to arrange our cars in a pattern to spell CACC and have these for our website. Lawn chairs and personal refreshments are encouraged and again depending on the setup possibly canopies. The event will start about 9 am and run to about 3 or 4 pm. Several CACC members are discussing a possible dinner and drinks later at Harbor Oaks Country Club in Pine Bluff for anyone that cares to join us from any of the clubs.

I will post the final arrangements with directions and times around mid week. For those that are interested in participating in this fun day with the other clubs please call or email me so I can get a tally of cars and people for the host. Let me know your names, cell phone numbers and whether you’ll be joining us for dinner at the Oaks.

Hope to hear from many of you and pass the word along! We need at least 23 cars to spell C(6) A(5) C(6) C(6) = 23

Our next club meeting will be the following Tuesday.

Don Butler
Cell: 501-258-4336
Email: DonJButler@gmail.com