Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Just kidding! Deimos and Bosley's FOR SURE new stablemate :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just kidding! Deimos and Bosley's FOR SURE new stablemate :)

So Mark and I sat down and started comparing some numbers, looking at fuel economy, insurance, monthly payments, upkeep, potential for speeding tickets with no cruise, etc. and we decided the 350Z might not be the best car to have right now. I had been cross shopping the MX-5 Miata when I got the Z, so I sent out some requests to local Mazda dealerships and saw who would bite.

Well, Northpoint Mazda offered a deal that would allow us to switch out the cars, not pay any sales tax, and finance a total of $600 less for the MX-5. Needless to say, last night, with a heavy heart (for me, not so much Mark), we said goodbye to the Z and hello to this beast:

It's a new 2008 MX-5 Sport, "Copper Red Mica" (aka Nightfire Red, matches Mark's car nearly perfectly, lol), with a 6 sp auto tranny. They have the exact same car with a 5 sp stick, but it just felt like it really needed a higher gear. Both cars were a blast to drive, but in the end the practicality of the auto with very responsive paddle shifters won out.

I think this will be the last car swap for a while

Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's gorgeous! You need to join the Arkansas Miata Club now. Check it out at www.arkansasmiataclub.com. We have a 2001 Miata Special Edition, British Racing Green witha tan top as well as our MINIs. They are both lots of fun to drive.