AMVIV4 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2007) The forum for A Mini Vacation in Vegas, hosted by the Sin City MINI Club.

AMVIV 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby03
Great event as always
Atleast what I saw from the top floor of the parking garage.
At least from what I saw from under the hood or under the MINI.

Steve

Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Showgirl
1st Gear
Originally Posted by HtStf5
Sleep ..... what is sleep.....I thought we weren't going to even say AMVIV for 3 months
I know what you mean....still recovering...! Although meeting everyone and all the awesome comments made the lack of sleep worthwhile.

Better start resting up NOW for AMVIV V!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Showgirl, would you mind bringing up at the next planning meeting that I wish that AMVIV-5 could be held in February again, like 1 and 2 were? I cannot attend in late March. Just thought I'd put in my personal request. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Showgirl
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mini_dreams
Agro - even though I spent most of my time on the roof getting some much needed sun, the event rocked and you guys did an amazing job. One of the best organized events I've been to in a while.

I'm most definitely going to try to return next year! Thanks again for your hospitality!
Thanks for the compliments! It was such a pleasure to hear from everyone about what a wonderful time they had. It makes all those late nights at the AMVIV planning meetings so worthwhile.

Looking forward to seeing you (meeting you?) next year. I didn't get a chance to do that OR buy a twistie shirt!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Showgirl
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Showgirl, would you mind bringing up at the next planning meeting that I wish that AMVIV-5 could be held in February again, like 1 and 2 were? I cannot attend in late March. Just thought I'd put in my personal request. Thanks!
MINIclo - I'll do what I can. Will definitely mention it, although I can't make any promises. I think they picked end of March because weather is so nice by then.

Please don't wait till AMVIV to come visit - you're always welcome! Easier for us to give the VIP treatment when it's just one car instead of 400!

Hope to see you soon.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by Showgirl
MINIclo - I'll do what I can. Will definitely mention it, although I can't make any promises. I think they picked end of March because weather is so nice by then.

Please don't wait till AMVIV to come visit - you're always welcome! Easier for us to give the VIP treatment when it's just one car instead of 400!

Hope to see you soon.
Actually, I think they picked the date based on arranging the track day. Maybe that will be reconsidered for next time?

Thanks for the invitation, Showgirl! I'll let you know when I plan to swing by again. I'll be leaving this weekend on my 5th annual cross-country road trip, headed for The Dragon (I co-organize a couple events there every year). On the way home in late May/early June, perhaps I'll motor through LV.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Showgirl
1st Gear
You're welcome!

You could be right about the dates based on the track days - but next year things could change, so you never know....

I would love to make it up to the Dragon...but always have so much stuff on my "Things I Wish I Had Time to Do!" list! Will try my best...!

Please, I'm not kidding, you and anyone/EVERYONE is always welcome to hang out with us any time! We are always happy to give tours away from the Strip, so we can show off the rest of Vegas/Southern Nevada. (But always happy to stop at a buffet for visitors... )

Take care, and motor safely..! I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Annette

Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
I'll be leaving this weekend on my 5th annual cross-country road trip, headed for The Dragon (I co-organize a couple events there every year). On the way home in late May/early June, perhaps I'll motor through LV.
this is what MLE and I would love to do.... jsut go now... take our time... etc... that would be marvelous... maybe some day.... sigh

Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by Showgirl
You could be right about the dates based on the track days - but next year things could change, so you never know....

I would love to make it up to the Dragon...but always have so much stuff on my "Things I Wish I Had Time to Do!" list! Will try my best...!

Please, I'm not kidding, you and anyone/EVERYONE is always welcome to hang out with us any time! We are always happy to give tours away from the Strip, so we can show off the rest of Vegas/Southern Nevada. (But always happy to stop at a buffet for visitors... )

Take care, and motor safely..! I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Annette
Agro told me it was because of the track scheduling. I know Vegas fairly well, or used to before it exploded. LOL.

The Dragon is magical and 180-degree different from AMVIV! The Smokies are so green and there are many rivers, creeks, waterfalls, and dams. You'd enjoy the contrast!

Originally Posted by Tüls
this is what MLE and I would love to do.... jsut go now... take our time... etc... that would be marvelous... maybe some day.... sigh
Tulsie! Are you and MLE taking both MINIs to MOTD? Can't wait to see you. Tell MLE I will need a haircut by the time MOTD rolls around.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clover, the original reason we moved to March was the weather. AMVIV1 was early Feb and was cold and miserable.
AMVIV2 was early March and rainy and we had concerns over NASCAR being here at the same time. NASCAR doesn't release their schedule until September, and AMVIV attendees often need to schedule vacation time earlier than that.
AMVIV3 moved to the end of March to make sure we'd avoid NASCAR weekend and to get the track, due to some issues with track rentals, and for weather concerns. At that point, we started publicizing that AMVIV is always going to be the weekend of the last Sunday in March.
AMVIV4 was the weekend of the last Sunday in March, the weather was perfect, NASCAR was long gone, and there were still track rental issues.
AMVIV5 has already been announced as the last weekend in March 2008 (27-30).
I'd love to see you again Clover, but with 400-500 cars here, I don't get to spend much time chatting to any 1 person anyway. Come see us on a down weekend and we can actually hang out and catch up.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus

Tulsie! Are you and MLE taking both MINIs to MOTD? Can't wait to see you. Tell MLE I will need a haircut by the time MOTD rolls around.

that's what we would like to do...but time and money are against us....

Old 03-29-2007, 10:12 AM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
FWIW, the weather has been great the past 2 AMVIVs. Not too cold/rainy/windy and not too hot. And it coordinates with some people's spring breaks (ok, maybe just my brother, but it's all about me/us right! j/k )

Clo, why don't you just start the road trip a few weeks early next year!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat

Clo, why don't you just start the road trip a few weeks early next year!
Cause she is afraid to hang in Vegas with the Jinky. She knows I will loosen up her bonnet.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Cause she is afraid to hang in Vegas with the Jinky. She knows I will loosen up her bonnet.
Hers, or Wandas'? Or both!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tüls
that's what we would like to do...but time and money are against us....
time is not against us

Old 03-31-2007, 12:53 AM
QandElf
Shadetree Modder
Finally home in the drizzle of the PacNorWest. Bravo to the Sin City MINIacs for a job well done! And thanks to all those who showed up to our Renewal of Vows Ceremony at Graceland Chapel! Can't wait til next year, but we'll be closer by then (SoCal bound)...

Old 03-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by QandElf
Finally home in the drizzle of the PacNorWest. Bravo to the Sin City MINIacs for a job well done! And thanks to all those who showed up to our Renewal of Vows Ceremony at Graceland Chapel! Can't wait til next year, but we'll be closer by then (SoCal bound)...
Thanks for inviting us...that was hysterical! Go to http://rossdillon.smugmug.com/gallery/2632249#139012168 for a few pictures.