All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) Archived - Everything for sale that is not a car or wheels and tires (but is MINI/Mini-related)

FS: R56 MCS Grille(s), rallye light brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:21 AM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: R56 MCS Grille(s), rallye light brackets

Purchased the mounting kit for the factory Rallye lights for my '07 Cooper S, which includes both brackets and the modified grille, installed them, and decided to go a different way with all 3 grilles on the car. As a result, both the stock grille, with about 3 weeks and 4500 miles on it and the replacement with about a week and 1000 miles on it are for sale. Both are in perfect condition.

For the origional grille, $40+ shipping, for the modified one, including the rallye light mounting brackets, instructions, and hardware, $90+ shipping. Might be some wiggle room there on the pricing and with my current driving schedule you might just get it delivered for free, you'll need to ask.

Prefer e-mail, but PM will work too. Shipping from Zip 29671, for estimating.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 AM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
price drop

Stock R56 MCS grille, slightly used, $40+ shipping or OEM MCS grille modified for rallye lights, and including the OEM rallye light brackets, $80+ shipping.

Will include with the rallye grille the interior light switch for the R56 rallye lights, and the knee pad it mounts in for $150 total, grille, brackets, switch and pad. All you would need is the lights and wiring, availble as one kit from your dealership. This would save you @$60 for the factory rallye lights.

Will include the lower chrome trim piece as well, and credit $50 towards the deal, if someone with a non-S chrome grille wants to swap their grille and lower chrome trim for the works. With a little modification the swap is possible, and if you're wanting to go that way on your R56 MC I'll even send mine to you first so you won't have to drive around with no grille for a while.

Got to think someone out there is interested, if so, drop me a line.

Last edited by oldopelguy; 08-14-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
andyde
5th Gear
got pictures or link to a web site...

Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
stock

These are the stock grilles, so pretty much any Cooper S has them. You can take a look at my gallery for a pic of the car with each of the grilles installed.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
new deal

So, in an effort to get some stuff out of my garage, here's the new deal before it goes on e-vil-bay:
-MCS Grille, modified by the factory for the driving lights brackets,
-OEM driving light brackets,
-little tabs I made up to adapt them to a set of Hella lights I had,
-OEM replacement knee bolster with OEM driving light switch

Now only $125 and I'll pay for shipping within the 48 States. Had the grille and lights on the car for about 1200 miles, then swapped out for a chrome Cooper grille and am going to go for the 4-light set-up.

This is $200+ worth of parts from the dealership, and to finish up the factory light install you would only need to get the actual lights themselves for another $200 or so and install them. Surely someone wants to save $100 or so? I'll toss them on e-vil-bay if no interest.

Also looking for a set of 16" rims to run winter tires on, and would certainly consider a swap.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
JohnnyF
4th Gear
Which Hella lights did you have adapted (or do you know if Hella mounts are identical)?

Do you still have the BRG mirror caps too?