Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

TECH DAY !

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 01:45 PM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you ever wondered what the underside of your MINI Cooper looked like? Do you know where to begin to change your oil? Would you like to know more about the mechanical side of your MINI? If you answers were yes, no, yes; then February 7, 2004, is the day you have been waiting for. Stephen Wittkop of Stephen's Garage is going to open it up to all of his fellow MINI Cooper owners. Stephen has all the equipment necessary to perform any and all work on your MINI Cooper, Alfa Romeo, and BMW, and probably other European motorcars. Stephen is going to provide some food for those who get the munchies in the midst of the car maintenance talk. Stephen and his staff will also try to answer all the questions you may have about your MINI. Everyone's MINI is probably still in warranty, but when it is not, do you still want to drive to Atlanta or Nashville, when a qualified technician is at least a hundred miles closer?

This a garage, so seating is limited and if you want to chitchat between demonstrations and discussions, bring a chair.

If you recently received your MINI, then this is your opportunity to discover more about your new family member (your MINI), as well as meeting your new extended family, your fellow MINI Cooper owners. Don't miss out as this could start as garage talk and end up as a block party.

Check your calendars. Keep the date open. Let me know if you are coming to TECH DAY so enough food can be ordered. and I know there will be plenty to talk about which will make you hungry. Motor safely. Harold Clements Trussville, AL (CRMCS)uncleharo@aol.com

Old 01-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is copied from my email I sent to the list, but worth repeating again:
The tech day sounds great! I have enjoyed getting to know Stephen through the MINI club as well as his top notch work on my other vehicle. He is my #1 guy to call when I need help or advice for my European cars. It won’t be long until many of us no longer have factory warranties, and with no local dealer, Stephen is positioning himself well to accommodate a future need for quality MINI maintenance here in our area.

Count me in!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
golfman
PLEASE NOTE: The date for TECH Dayis February 7, 2004. This is a Saturday. PLEASE NOTE! Sorry about the confusion. Everyone on my Email list should have the correction.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:47 PM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
I'll be there.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:37 PM
SB
6th Gear
After reading the Yo-Yo Chronicles and becoming thoroughly confused, I decided I need to be at Tech day.

Old 02-07-2004, 05:56 PM
golfman
Well, the first MINI TECH Day is in the history books. We had representatives from north Alabama (Huntsville), South Alabama(Daleville), east Alabama (Auburn), Gadsden, Odenville, Hanceville, Montgomery and of course Birmingham. Stephen was the perfect host, instructor, and perveyor of MINI mechanical wisdom. It was good to have everyone participate and share their little tidbits of knowledge as well. I now know where to fill the oil drain, where to support my MINI with jack stands, if necessary, and Stephen has the equipment to change computer settings, if you desire, like opening the sunroof and windows by holding the key unlock button for 5 seconds. If you have a MINI question or need service which is not covered by the warranty, such as an oil change every 5000 miles, Stephen can handle it. You may want to schedule an appointment, so that you'll know he can get you in and out as quickly as possible. It was a great learning experience, so THANK YOU, Stephen for giving us your Saturday.