Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Help Alabama's Animals If You Can

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Alabama's Animals If You Can

I know it's a lot to ask. You will have to sit down & compose a letter. You will have to seek out your local representatives. You will have to email them or write them a letter but please do.

The NBC 13 news finally ran a story that Spay Alabama is trying to push through mandatory animal licensing & spay/neuter laws in Alabama, something that is greatly needed to stop all the unnecessary killing of animals in our state. In the news story they showed a man talking about how they had recently put 52 animals down one morning. They showed a room full of euthanized cats all laying dead on tables across a room. It was horrible but something I think people should see. This is a real problem but unfortunately the old adage "out of sight out of mind" seems to be how we have treated this problem in the past.

Now is the time we can try to get something done. Please take the time. It's so little to ask. Think of all the good your letter could do. Please take the time to look up & write your local representative showing your support for them to push this legislation forward. If they don't hear from you they will think we don't care & then organizations like the Birmingham Kennel Club will win because they don't want this legislation. They want their puppy factories to be allowed to operate freely with no license fees or oversight.

Here is the synapsis of the story from tonight's local newscast including informational links & a link to look up your local representatives. Please think of the joy some pet has brought you in your life & take the time to do something if ya can
By Scott Mauldin NBC 13 News
E-mail | Biography

Thousands of animals across Alabama face a death sentence with shelters overcrowded and not enough people to adopt the unwanted pets, but state legislation to help control the animal population could save pet lives and end much of the killing. In an NBC13 Fact Finder report, this week, a non-profit group called Spay Alabama, is pushing for legislation to help control the state’s pet population.

For low cost spay and neuter options, visit Spay Alabama, part of the Alabama Animal Control Association. http://www.aacacares.net/

To support the Alabama Veterinary Medical Association’s proposed Spay and Neuter License Plate, visit their site, http://www.alvma.com/

Contact Your State Lawmaker to voice whether you’d like a state law to help control the animal population. Find your state lawmaker at http://www.legislature.state.al.us/index.html

p.s... if you don't have time to write a letter PM me & I will send you mine. You can copy it into an email & send it to your representative.