6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Aaron - congrats on the job offers!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:57 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by agranger
I think that this would be a perfect drive for Barry... it leaves early in the morning and gets back before any events the next day!

I hope that I can make it out there to lead again next year. I just found out that I'll be employed in the next few weeks (one job offer in hand and another should be coming on Monday), so one never knows how it will shake out, but it's an easy drive for anyone to lead and I've got detailed instructions.
I know David (Cabriopilot) also said if you can't lead the run he'd be interested. He loved it, too.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by agranger
I just found out that I'll be employed in the next few weeks (one job offer in hand and another should be coming on Monday), so one never knows how it will shake out
That's fantastic news - bravo!

Here's hoping you make it back again next year, Aaron... all I ask is that you please consider moving the drive to Friday morning instead of Saturday... and then I'll be there for sure, even at 6am.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome pics!

If I do this next year, I think I'd just have to pull an all-nighter the night before, then go to bed after the run.

I'm not a morning person.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
If I do this next year, I think I'd just have to pull an all-nighter the night before, then go to bed after the run.

I'm not a morning person.
I know exactly how you feel. I remember you being one of the other "night owls" up chatting in the lodge lobby at 1 or 2 am.

Those of us who are not morning people yet want to go on the drive just need to set up a "wake up call" pact - we all call each other at the right time (5am?) to make sure we're all awake. Whoever wakes up first at that time starts calling.

Teamwork!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Edge
I know exactly how you feel. I remember you being one of the other "night owls" up chatting in the lodge lobby at 1 or 2 am.
Yep, that was me!

Those of us who are not morning people yet want to go on the drive just need to set up a "wake up call" pact - we all call each other at the right time (5am?) to make sure we're all awake. Whoever wakes up first at that time starts calling.

Teamwork!
Hey! Good plan!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 AM
jbkone
4th Gear

Teamwork!
Yes! like a phone tree. Be sure to start the thread for next year's (or I might if I don't see it).

Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Might I suggest that you find an 'early bird' friend to start the phone tree? If you are counting on a 'night owl' to start the chain, you might discover that you all get up promptly at 11am!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM
putterfarm
1st Gear
Congratulations Agranger

agranger, congratulations on your job offer and hopefully another one. I remember talking about it with you when you got a call about them. I'm happy for you. I had a good time talking with you. Hope to see you next year.