3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Panoramic photo - the final version!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panoramic photo - the final version!

Everyone,
This morning I received the final layout of the panoramic photo from George Pearl and I think it has turned out great With more than 140 MINIs this year we'll certainly have more in next year's shot!

If you haven't order your copy yet click here and place your order. The deadline for orders is Sunday May 29th, 2005. Thanks!

Mark

Last edited by Mark; 05-13-2005 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Updated to include larger version of image
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM
jonoanddee
2nd Gear
is there anyway to cancel an order???i cant even see our car.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
whovous
5th Gear
Well, the real one may have a slightly higher resolution!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Mark
Keep in mind that the picture I posted has been GREATLY scaled down from the actual image (the actual image is 60 inches wide and 10 inches tall). In the full-size image you should have no problem seeing your car.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
jonoanddee
2nd Gear
allright, lets go with it!!!! we had too good a time not to have that piccy in my home office!!thanks for your patience mark(if i did what you did ,answering asses like me i would pull all my hair out!!!!!!)
Originally Posted by mferguson
Keep in mind that the picture I posted has been GREATLY scaled down from the actual image (the actual image is 60 inches wide and 10 inches tall). In the full-size image you should have no problem seeing your car.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
BartMack
6th Gear
wow... I'm like front-center -!!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Mark
No problem. I was glad that I could clarify.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Mark,

I appreciate that the photographer needs to protect his business, but is there any chance we could get a slightly higher electronic version of that photo? It would be nice to actually be able to make out some details in the picture.

I am suggesting something like a 1280 pixel or 1600 pixel wide version of the same picture, which would still be a far cry from being able to blow up the picture without paying for it.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just post a huge version with a huge watermark all over it - that will help you sell them, not tiny pics.

BTW - where are you all going to put a 5' wide photo? The only good place I can think of is in a garage!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Mark
Originally Posted by Edge
Mark,

I appreciate that the photographer needs to protect his business, but is there any chance we could get a slightly higher electronic version of that photo? It would be nice to actually be able to make out some details in the picture.

I am suggesting something like a 1280 pixel or 1600 pixel wide version of the same picture, which would still be a far cry from being able to blow up the picture without paying for it.
I can always ask him. I know he has always been VERY protective of his work but I'll see what he is willing to do.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Mark...has anyone taken an accurate account of how many Minis showed up for the weekend? Also, did any Mini/Tuner magazine/News station cover the event?

Old 05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Mark
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Mark...has anyone taken an accurate account of how many Minis showed up for the weekend? Also, did any Mini/Tuner magazine/News station cover the event?
With them zooming all over the place there wasn't a good way to get a count. For the photo my count showed somewhere around 145 MINIs. As for coverage I contacted all the television stations and papers in Knoxville, Asheville, and Atlanta but none appears to have attended. In speaking with MINI, now that the event has been well established, we will be able to work out a press plan for next year's event which should help get more coverage.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Many people, including me, didn't attend the group photo or the dam gathering so there must be much more than 145

Originally Posted by mferguson
With them zooming all over the place there wasn't a good way to get a count. For the photo my count showed somewhere around 145 MINIs. As for coverage I contacted all the television stations and papers in Knoxville, Asheville, and Atlanta but none appears to have attended. In speaking with MINI, now that the event has been well established, we will be able to work out a press plan for next year's event which should help get more coverage.

Mark

Old 05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
MandaBoo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaelaria
BTW - where are you all going to put a 5' wide photo? The only good place I can think of is in a garage!
That's exactly where I was planning on putting mine! I have a spot planned for it where there is a soffit running through the middle of the garage ceiling where the support I-beam goes. It comes down about 15" so that's where the pic is going

Old 05-12-2005, 01:11 PM
minimotorin
6th Gear
SWEET!!

I'm dead center 2nd row, can't wait to get mine! And yes, it's probably going to be in the garage, along with my Italian Job poster, MINI parking only sign, etc. etc.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
woo hoo! I see me!

Old 05-12-2005, 03:17 PM
jcgbrg
Neutral
I can make out our car (third row back), but I can't make out my husband and me! Can't wait for the bigger one! It should be awesome!

We are probably going to put the picture in the home office or my husband's real office.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
ya can't honestly think he'll allow Mark to do that. That's his livelyhood. Are watermarks absolute protection? I'm not familiar with the technology.

I know that sounds horribly snotty but think about it.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Yeah, I know... but some of us want to make a wallpaper out of it as well. Even if we buy the panoramic (as I did), we don't get an electronic copy to do that.

That's why I suggested a "middle ground"... high enough resolution to see more details and have a wallpaper, but low enough that it isn't practical to "print your own" large panoramic.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:50 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
sounds reasonable, I guess. what do I know 'bout that stuff....

Old 05-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Mark
George Pearl just provided a larger image (see first post in this thread) which shows the detail in the actual size. I was able to pick out Jonathan Souza (President of MINI5280 - Colorado) in the actual size area

Mark

Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Hmm - not exactly what I was asking for, but a significant improvement - at least we can make out our cars now!

Thanks Mark. I'll quit asking, while we're ahead. :smile:

I guess we'll have to scratch the wallpaper idea... unless...

Perhaps, at a later date (I'm talking months), when he no longer offers the prints, he can offer an electronic high res copy to those who paid for the picture? True, there would be nothing to stop people from giving the soft copy to their friends at that point... but eventually the market for the paid photo will be gone. Only the people IN the picture are at all likely to want to buy it, and eventually those orders will dry up!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Kredal
Neutral
Well, I made my OWN panoramic picture, centered on my car.. (second row, almost all the way to the right... green cabrio with a silver stripe down the middle)

Here's a link to it, feel free to use it for whatever you want. (:

http://www.kredal.com/images/mini/dr...dampicture.jpg

Old 05-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Minimom
3rd Gear
but Kredal......there are floating heads without bodies in your pic!

Old 05-14-2005, 08:04 AM
MINItencan
Coordinator :: MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI)
Originally Posted by minimotorin
SWEET!!

I'm dead center 2nd row, can't wait to get mine! And yes, it's probably going to be in the garage, along with my Italian Job poster, MINI parking only sign, etc. etc.
Think you were right next to us!

Quick Reply: Panoramic photo - the final version!