2008 Guinness World Record Attempt (July 26, 2008) Join the effort in Virginia Beach July 26th to up the ante on the MINI convoy record!

Events at the GWR500!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Events at the GWR500!

Here are the details about the events that we will hold at the GWR500!

1: Roadkill Roundup! That sounds sick as hell, doesn't it? Ok, so it's not really roadkill. We will be using stuffed animals. This is a LOW SPEED team event. You will need a passenger for this event! If you are coming to the event alone you can team up with a friend. “I don't have a friend at the event” isn't a valid excuse! We are the Mini Cooper community! Everyone is a friend!

The gist of this event is that you will drive along a course and your passenger will attempt to scoop up the stuffed animals with a lacrosse net/net-on-a-stick thing. Don't worry, we're going to cover the stick part of the net-on-a-stick thing with foam so there will be little to no chance of damage to anyone's car.

If you stop or backup on the course, you will be disqualified! The team that gets the most stuffed critters wins a prize!

2: Blind Autocross Yep, you read that one right too! Blind Autocross! This is a LOW SPEED team event. You will need a passenger for this event! The driver will be blindfolded and the passenger will give verbal instructions to get through the course. I know this sounds dangerous but the only thing that you could hit out there will be cones.

Each cone is a 2 second penalty.
"Off Course" will disqualify you.
Stopping on the course will disqualify you.

3: Radio Control Mini Autocross Can you see a theme here? Can you tell what I've become addicted to? This one is pretty easy. We race for best time on an autocross course but we use styrofoam cups for cones since I have no idea where to find tiny cones.

There will probably be more events scheduled and if any of you would like to put something together or if you have an idea for an event, please post it here! Thanks!

4: Car Show! Bring your pail of detailing products and obsess err... um... make that Mini shine!

Jeff

Last edited by Warped1966; 07-19-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Forgot something...
Old 07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone be sure your insurance is up to date.

Sounds like fun!!!