1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

production number versus production date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:21 PM
pearface
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
production number versus production date?

I am confused and couldn't find this info.

I ordered my mini on 5/26/06. I got my production number yesterday. When will I get my production date and is that the production week? My MA doesnt know that or my production week but I have read other threads where people got their production week date the day they ordered, etc.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:51 PM
schreyerplace
3rd Gear
I'm new to this whole process myself but from what I gather, the following is true:

You order and you might get a production # immediately or that might take a bit. Each dealer gets an allotment of orders per month and the production # means you've been granted one of the orders for that month. West coast dealers are far behind (or ahead depending on how you look at it) so getting a production number may take awhile. Here in Columbus Ohio, I recieved my production number in less than a week.

Once you have a production number, register at the Owner's Lounge (http://ol.minusa.com) using your production number and then start calling 1-866-ASK-MINI every day and eventually they'll tell you an estimate production completion date.

Hope that helps and if I have an error in there, I hope others correct me.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:52 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Go set up an account on https://ol.miniusa.com/ (mini online) and it will give you information about your build. But 1-866-ask-mini gives you the best and latest information. It is automated by entering in your production number

If neither have any info yet, then talk to an operator and they will give you a production week.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
pearface
1st Gear
yes I registered yesterday when I got my production number but it says nothing about the production date. I will try calling askmini. thanks

Old 06-10-2006, 08:04 PM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
i have noticed that some people have to wait awhile for their production numbers. I would think if you have a production number, they could at least tell you what week you are set for. But it may not be that, and you will have to wait until you are scheduled for production. Once you are, then you will be able to find out the actual week you are set for production completion.

I know I ordered my mini and got my production number on the spot, and they told me that I was week 23 right there. So I walked out of the dealer with the production number in my hand and knowing which week i was set for production.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:10 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
The website can only offer a high level status.

with yoru production #, you can call 866-askmini and inquire all the details pertaining to your order.

They'll be able to tell you if your car's location on the assembly line.