1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future MCS owner in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BearsMCS
So come and join the KCMINIACS for dinner tomorrow evening at Jason's Deli (91st and Metcalf). We are a friendly lot, and lots to see and touch. About 6PM or so. And no you don't have to have your MINI present to join us.
I do know about your meeting tomorrow at Jason's, YLWJKT has also invited me. It is really close to my house. I have been thinking about coming. I will have to see how tomorrow goes. I assume that the MINIACS will be there for a couple of hours?

If I come, I fear it will only make the agony of waiting worse, seeing all of you happy motoring MINI owners.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Finally today some good news :smile: ASK MINI told me yesterday was spent in paint and my Purple Haze has moved to assembly. I am still hoping that completion will be done by tomorrow so I can possibly make the AIDA on Friday. Crossing my fingers

Old 08-03-2005, 06:31 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awwww....my MINI was on the Aida back in 1/2003! Good ship...getting sentimental... :smile:

Old 08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Laurie
Finally today some good news :smile: ASK MINI told me yesterday was spent in paint and my Purple Haze has moved to assembly. I am still hoping that completion will be done by tomorrow so I can possibly make the AIDA on Friday. Crossing my fingers
Awesome! That means mine's probably in paint today! . I don't think I'll make the AIDA though...

Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BBoy
I don't think I'll make the AIDA though...
I know, but a girl can dream can't she. I am probably setting myself up for a huge let down.

The next ship leaves the 10th. The girl on the ASK MINI line said I would be lucky if I even made that one. I could not take it if it missed that one too.

I am just glad that I am going to be on vacation soon and hopefully I will not think of MINI's while I am in Mexico. (yah, right!)

Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
I am just glad that I am going to be on vacation soon and hopefully I will not think of MINI's while I am in Mexico. (yah, right!)
That's until the phone rings the night before you leave and Baron tells you that your MINI has arrived !!!

Bear

Old 08-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BearsMCS
That's until the phone rings the night before you leave and Baron tells you that your MINI has arrived !!!
Believe me, I have thought of that. The idea of my car being ready before I leave would be the worst. I couldn't handle the fact it would have to sit for a week before I could pick it up.

My dream would be that as soon as I get off the plane from vacation I call Gabe at Baron and he says I can come pick up my MINI. We get back the 27th, I don't think the MINI gods will cooperate and have it here that soon however. At least the wishing and dreaming keeps me out of trouble until then.

BearMCS, it was nice to talk to you this evening. Sorry I wasn't ready to meet ALL the KCMINIACS tonite. Maybe in September at the next meeting, when I actually have my MINI (fingers crossed).

Old 08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Moskito
5th Gear
Laurie,
Welcome on board and we are all happy for you to soon receive your new MINI.
Congrats also on getting all your 17 posts into one thread.
Happy motoring
H

Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Moskito
Congrats also on getting all your 17 posts into one thread.
Since I started the tread I thought it was my duty to keep it alive until my MINI arrives safe and sound to me. By the sound of things, I will have the rest of the month to make many more posts.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Today is my MINI's birthday!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ASK MINI told me it completed production and is waiting to catch a train to the port. At this point I have given up hope to see my MINI before the end of the month. I am hoping for Labor Day weekend so I can have an extended motoring weekend.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
My MINI was born early this morning!

It's now on the train to Southhampton. Hopfully it won't be long before it catches a boat over the pond . MINI USA told me 3 to 4 weeks! ! I hope I get it that soon since my MA is saying 6-8 weeks ...

It looks like we still might be shipmates Laurie!

Old 08-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
My MINI was born early this morning!
It looks like we still might be shipmates Laurie!
Congrats on your new addition!!!! Do you know if it is a boy or girl???

ASK MINI states that I have been released to carrier and am awaiting transport to port. I bet we will be shipmates. I am going to Baron this weekend to visit with Gabe and get the official "skinny" from him on the status.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:05 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Sweet! Unfortunatly it'd be a long drive for me to get down there to visit Lisa. Oh well... from what I've heard, here comes the longest and most painful part of the waiting process.... delivery. Hopfully I won't loose my mind while waiting .

I don't know if it's a Boy or Girl yet.... I think I'm going to have to meet him/her before I find out.

I too have now been "released to the carrier" for shipment. I went to the WW site, but my VIN isn't returning anything yet. Is yours?

Here's the link:
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do
(click "Auto cargo", then enter your VIN)

Old 08-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
I too have now been "released to the carrier" for shipment. I went to the WW site, but my VIN isn't returning anything yet. Is yours?
Nope, nothing yet from the WW site for me either. I called ASK MINI tonite and they said my MINI was at the port in Southamption. It was waiting to be put on the dock or something. From what I have read on the MINIUSA boards, the VINs started showing up on WW site when they were moved to the dock. I saw that alot of MINI's were on the list to go on the AIDA and about 1/2 actually made the ship. I am crossing my fingers that we make the Carmen on 8/10. That will put us in Charleston on 8/22. Perhaps that could make for a delivery by the end of the month. :smile:

Old 08-05-2005, 06:58 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
I am crossing my fingers that we make the Carmen on 8/10. That will put us in Charleston on 8/22. Perhaps that could make for a delivery by the end of the month. :smile:
That'd be so sweet! It'd beat the estimate I got by 3 weeks!

Let me know if you learn anything new after visiting Baron tomorrow .

-Bryan

Last edited by BBoy; 08-05-2005 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Left out a couple words... like the dislexic that I am... :)
Old 08-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Let if you learn anything new after visiting Baron tomorrow .
I will be curious to see if Gabe has any better info than what I have been getting. The MINI OL still says "scheduled for production".

Old 08-06-2005, 06:24 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
Laurie,

It may have changed since we got Gabby and M. Clive, but our port was New York...

Yes, it was nice meeting you the other evening (but it still is a secret.)

Bear (Terry and Lynda)

Old 08-06-2005, 06:42 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Lisa told me it changed to Charleston, SC. Here's the shipping schedule for the next few boats:

CARMEN Departs: 8/10/2005 Arrives: 8/22/2005
PATRIOT Departs: 8/13/2005 Arrives: 8/25/2005
MEDEA Departs: 8/18/2005 Arrives: 8/31/2005
LIBERTY Departs: 8/21/2005 Arrives: 9/04/2005

I'm hoping we make the Carmen, but from the sound of it, they're kinda backed up at the docks so I'm thinking we'll be on the Patriot. Add a week for the truck ride out to the dealer, then another week for dealer installed options, and we're looking at having our MINIs by 9/8!!!

Old 08-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
I'm hoping we make the Carmen, but from the sound of it, they're kinda backed up at the docks so I'm thinking we'll be on the Patriot. Add a week for the truck ride out to the dealer, then another week for dealer installed options, and we're looking at having our MINIs by 9/8!!!
I am still going to hold my breath for the Carmen. I was told it was only 3 days for the truck from Charleston and I am only having one very easy install done, so I am hoping by Labor Day weekend.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Well, I am back from my visit to Baron today. Gabe really could not tell me anything that I already didn't know about the status of my order. He promised to e-mail with any change in status that happens from now on. He seems to think that MINI uses 3 different carriers for cars and that the K-line has delivered cars that have come to Baron. I don't know, I just want to see that my car is loaded on someone's ship next week. :smile:

I got to see Bad S and his new CR MINI when I was there. He was in the delivery lounge.

While I was there, I had my trade in appraised. Since it was going to be a little while Gabe told me I could take a drive if I wanted. I drove a 2005 S convertable with automatic. He said at least I could get a feel for the speed of the 2005 S vs the 2004 S I had driven before. Anyway, took it out on the interstate, it was very speedy. Of course I had to put the top down. Actually I put it down because the view out the back window is horrible and I could not even see to back up since it was parked next to a minivan. I don't think I would like the lack of vision in the convertable, but it was fun to drive. I am sort of second guessing myself though on the manual vs the auto transmission. The auto was very nice, no shifting. Oh well, too late to change my mind now.

Hopefully there will be good news on Wednesday, and I'll be loaded on the Carmen. (If it does actually get on, I may have to get loaded to celebrate!)

Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Booking number for the Carmen

If any one is interested, I have the booking number for the Carmen leaving 8/10/05. It is GBSOU345412. I searched for my VIN # and it is not on the list yet. There are several #'s that are around my number. There are only 106 on the list so far, so I am crossing my fingers that I might make it. :smile:

Am I crazy or is it just a little weird that I have my ENTIRE VIN # memorized already? Never before have I ever thought to memorize a VIN. My MA thought that it was pretty funny.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:41 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
I only remember the last 7 digits of my VIN... My memory sucks though. I'm a copy & paste freak.

Thanks for the booking #! I found a VIN listed that's 2 away from mine, but I'm not listed yet... I hope I make it on!

Old 08-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
Am I crazy or is it just a little weird that I have my ENTIRE VIN # memorized already? Never before have I ever thought to memorize a VIN. My MA thought that it was pretty funny.
No I beleive your doing what a future MINI owner would do! We are a bit different and fanatical about our cars.

Art

Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :smile:

I checked the WW site today and you could have knocked me over with a feather. I had to take a double take. My VIN # actually came up! I am booked on the Carmen!!! It was received and booked yesterday. I just hope I don't get bumped off.

**Upon further research, it appears that one screen says one thing and another screen says all the same except it says it is on "Waitlist Status". I got the big * next to my #.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:56 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
ME TOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I was recieved at 12:08. It's somewhere around 3pm over there and it's scheduled to leave today, so I'm optimistic about it staying on the boat!

Old 08-09-2005, 07:19 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
I just confirmed that the Carmen is scheduled to leave in about 2hrs 45 minutes so I think we're safely on the boat...

Quick Reply: Future MCS owner in Kansas