1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of coming back to MINI.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 05:13 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking of coming back to MINI.

Hi old friends, last visit was back in July,2013. I got into MINI back in 2004 by buying a facelift 2005 MCS(wish I had never sold). In 2009 Gabe at Motoringfile got me revved up about a BMW 135. Had that for a few years, missed MINI. Sold the BMW and bought a 2011 JCW. Like a jerk I sold it and bought a Fiat Abarth(a mistake). In 2013 went back to my old haunts- muscle cars. Bought a 2013 Mustang. Realized it is more fun to drive a “slow” car fast then a fast car slow., so in 2017 bought a 2017 Miata RF GT, fun but feel like I want a MINI. All my cars have been manual dating back to the early 1960’s. Seriously considering a auto transmission. Soon to be 76, oh,don’t let the age scare you . I still run 40-50 road miles a week and have logged over 91,000 miles over the last 43 years.
considering a 2020 JCW 8 speed.
Being away for 6 years, I have some questions and would appreciate info from members.
Am I correct that the 2020’s will be opened to ordering in July? Will both the MCS and the JCW be available with the 8 speed auto?
Is it still possible to get the JWC Pro Tuning Kit? I love the sound of that exhaust, if not, if I opted for a MCS and the JWC tune and exhaust, which I think is put on when it gets to the vehicle processing center, is that exhaust louder, more pops, etc. than the stock MCS exhaust?
I apologize for being so wordy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. A special salute to any military folks on board, I was one of the fortunate Vietnam Vets who got back in one piece and Retired in 1987. LTC(R) Nick

Old 06-14-2019, 07:19 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleNick
Am I correct that the 2020’s will be opened to ordering in July?
That was what my dealer told me
Will both the MCS and the JCW be available with the 8 speed auto?
As far as I know, only the 6 speed in the U.S for the MCS. The Clubman/Countryman JCW gets the 8 speed and a big bump in HP
Is it still possible to get the JWC Pro Tuning Kit? I love the sound of that exhaust, if not, if I opted for a MCS and the JWC tune and exhaust, which I think is put on when it gets to the vehicle processing center, is that exhaust louder, more pops, etc. than the stock MCS exhaust?
Yes, can be ordered on the online configuator. It is an VPC install. Yes it does pop, gurgle and fart extremely well
I apologize for being so wordy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. A special salute to any military folks on board, I was one of the fortunate Vietnam Vets who got back in one piece and Retired in 1987. LTC(R) Nick
This is the best info I have based on talks with my dealer, Disclaimer: subject to change w/o notice

Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
considering a 2020 JCW 8 speed.
Being away for 6 years, I have some questions and would appreciate info from members.
Welcome back! Lots of fun cars in the world, sounds like you’ve had a few :-)

Am I correct that the 2020’s will be opened to ordering in July? Will both the MCS and the JCW be available with the 8 speed auto?
July is the usual date, but a dealer will know for sure. Both will be available with that transmission (now the challenge would be in getting a manual, which even in the MINI has become an endangered species).

Yes, it is still possible. They’re on fire sale though, so you’ll want the dealer to make sure when they place the order that it would have one — It looks like a typical end-of-product-cycle warehouse-cleaning sale to me.

The JCW exhaust is a little louder than stock, and the tune gives more pops and burbles. The JCW exhaust also has that remote to open up the other pipe and bypass the muffler completely, for maximal noise.

Enjoy! And don’t pay sticker. MINI dealers are seriously hurting for sales; year-to-date sales are down 22% over last year. And that’s just the latest in a trend that’s been going the wrong direction for over five years.

They’re hungry. Use that to your advantage. See “The Art of the Deal” thread in the F56 main forum for advice and numbers.

Last edited by bratling; 06-14-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Fixed BBcode error
Old 06-14-2019, 12:16 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Originally Posted by USA-RET
This is the best info I have based on talks with my dealer, Disclaimer: subject to change w/o notice
Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:23 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Thank you. Appreciate the info.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:24 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Good info. Thanks.