1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello I Am Robert from Utah

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:09 AM
FinGurBang
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello I Am Robert from Utah

Hi everyone,

brand new to this forum as of an hour or so ago. have been researching how to upgrade the 2017 countryman F60 6.5" screen to 8.8" screen cuz the software features for the former SUCK. Also since I bought the car used (only 6200 miles on it though) for whatever reason none of the manuals, floor mats, or picnic bench are present. There has to be a "welcome to your new car get started here" setup right? Where I sync my iphone to the system software so I can hands free stuff? I have ordered a full set of manuals and mats but they wont be here for a few days. How can I completely reset that stupid screen and its crappy software back to factory default? When you buy a Mini brand new, is there a "new owner setup" function or something like that? Where if so? I have tried to update the software from mini.com/connectivity and that site has been down for days. I suspect its defunct. Is there another place I can get new files?

I gotta say I am super frustrated with the limitations of 6.5 non touch screen and software. Second I would like to upgrade my current seats to the sport version, or if there is way to simply add the thigh extenders to my present seats what would suffice. I have powered 8x adjustment with heat both front seats, which are awesome, just need extra thigh room.

Also where can I find a picnic bench that won't tax me $345?

Anyway I am glad to be here and hope to eventually successfully swap out my current screen for the larger one, if only for CarPlay function and nothing else.

By the way I am a fraud analyst for eBay. Been with the company since 2003. I notice many if not all of you use our platform to find the components you need!!

Robert

Old 03-23-2019, 05:14 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
For parts I would suggest you contact Allmagautoparts.com. I find it easier to call them than search through all the parts online.
If they have the parts available they usually run about 50% price of new MSRP.
And welcome to the forum! Let's see some pictures.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:58 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM!
Show us some pics, when you get a chance.