1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh boy, this is great!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Der Rote Ritter
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy, this is great!

I purchased a 2014 Countryman Cooper S ALL4, manual, today with 22K miles. The drive home was awesome. A little bit of highway where I exceeded the speed limit somewhat, some two lane highway and backroads to my house. Love the handling and the tightness of the car. I just started reading the manual and there is so much to learn.

I was surprised to learn that the Bluetooth only connects to the phone and nothing else, so I have figure out a way to us the iPod connection.

I have a Bluetooth connector that I used in my old vehicle but it is pain in the 4th point of contact to use but it will get me by for now until I come up with a better solution.

Initially, I am going to try an extension off the Y cable to a lightning adapter/extension. If anyone one knows where I can find one, please let me know. Right now it appears I have to get 30 pin extension and put a lightning adapter on that. It would be cool if I could find one with the lightning adapter already attached.

The fall back plan is to get one of these:
Bluetooth Adapter for BMW and Mini Cooper iPod iPhone Y Cable CoolStream CarPro. Bluetooth Adapter for BMW and Mini Cooper iPod iPhone Y Cable CoolStream CarPro.
The only drawback is I have to provide another way to charge the phone.

I got a stubby antenna and OEM roof racks for carrying my Thule box and I have a bike rack coming via eBay, soon.

I want to find some red frame cover caps for my dashboard. If anyone knows where I can find them, I would appreciate it.

But the wonderful thing is that I finally have a car that fits in garage again (had to sell the Beemer because it couldn't get up the driveway)!

Old 02-22-2019, 08:24 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM!
Nice looking Mini!
Congrats!

The following users liked this post:
Der Rote Ritter (02-22-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 06:39 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Welcome, nice R60!

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-24-2019, 07:33 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear you are loving the Countryman! I have a ‘12 R60 and the Bluetooth should work for your music as well. I do it all the time, the biggest difference is that when it’s plugged in, you get the album art on the display screen (if you have it) and a bit better sound quality.
I have never had the adapter. For my iPhone X I use a Belkin splitter from Best Buy, and an audio cable. Now I can’t tell you why, but the audio cable needs to be a 4-conductor cable, not the standard 3-conductor audio cable you usually see. (I got a 2 pack on Amazon for around $5)
This set-up works great for me, and is a lot cheaper than buying the official MINI connector. And it charges my phone battery too.

Here’s the adapter. It has one lightning jack and one audio jack.

Album art! I’m easily amused.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Craho
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice looking countryman!