1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM Cold Air Intake system..

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:03 AM
JCW4LIFE
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Cold Air Intake system..

hello all,
Im new to the site but not Minis. I dunno what took me so long to start chatting on these threads .. very smart ,knowledgeable people. I own a 2012 R58 Jcw coupe. From the ride being SO bad (roads terrible plus as u all know u can roll over a quarter with these runflats & feel it!!) the entire stock jcw air induction set up on the car cracked in basically all the places possible including the plastic that goes to the small funnel that sucks cold air (behind the front grill) Anyways, would the AEM setup fix both my problems? & easy to install? Or know where I can get the best price on this? Closest I saw was around $423.00 I think. I appreciate any advice / feedback/ help with this..Also looking to join a Mini club /group. I Live in LI NY if anyone can steer me in the right direction.. much appreciated

Old 12-03-2018, 10:58 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Hello,

The AEM intake, Its a good intake, has the ram air set up.

I am running the ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber intake on my R58 JCW. Really like it and the best CF intake on the market for that engine for money. Not much more then the AEM intake with is molded plastic.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...er-intake.html

Right now its on sale and we have a $50 gift card and free shipping.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-05-2018, 06:19 AM
torque124
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JCW4LIFE
hello all,
Im new to the site but not Minis. I dunno what took me so long to start chatting on these threads .. very smart ,knowledgeable people. I own a 2012 R58 Jcw coupe. From the ride being SO bad (roads terrible plus as u all know u can roll over a quarter with these runflats & feel it!!) the entire stock jcw air induction set up on the car cracked in basically all the places possible including the plastic that goes to the small funnel that sucks cold air (behind the front grill) Anyways, would the AEM setup fix both my problems? & easy to install? Or know where I can get the best price on this? Closest I saw was around $423.00 I think. I appreciate any advice / feedback/ help with this..Also looking to join a Mini club /group. I Live in LI NY if anyone can steer me in the right direction.. much appreciated
Is your car not under warranty still ? I think there is little value in replacing the air intake on this ... it is a true cold air intake. Do it under warranty ?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:25 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by JCW4LIFE
hello all,
If the OEM cold air snorkel cracked, the AEM or the ECS intake does not replace this piece. You will have to find a new one. Same with the turbo inlet tube... Both the AEM and the ECS intakes will only replace the airbox and the MAF inlet. If your airbox is still in one piece, I would just replace those two inlet tubes, and be done with it.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (12-05-2018)