1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got an 05 Cooper S in Michigan!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 PM
equinox92
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got an 05 Cooper S in Michigan!

Hey guys/girls! After much debate and a little bit of research and finding the right deal, I picked myself up this 05 Cooper S in "not silver" grey!

6 speed, premium package and came with some snow tires. Needs a little bit of love (mainly a new rear hatch) and then the simple plan is to drive it when I can't drive my JDM STi swapped Impreza RS!

I come from the Subaru world, and have had loads of those and my dad owned a non S R53 that was awesome. So far the plan is to clean it up, and do just an exhaust, some wheels, and a shift **** because man is the stock on just big. Anymore plans would involve me needing to do some more research.

One question I'll ask now, and to preface this I haven't looked very hard, but is there a place for forum-goers to post a journal for their cars? I know on the Subaru Forums and my journal for my Impreza is my life.

Excited to jump in as it looks like the Mini forums are much more active than the Subaru stuff (mostly the demographic of the cars only knowing what Facebook is).

And because everyone likes pics:

Old 10-25-2017, 07:57 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 760 Likes on 620 Posts
Welcome and Congrats looks like it will be a good project.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 10-26-2017, 05:03 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Welcome to NAM.

No "journals" here but as you have a Gen1, you could start a thread in the R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006). If you do some checking you would note that others have done something similar where they document their efforts on updating/modding/maintaining their car. There are over 85,000 threads here on your generation of car so you should be able to do some researching to find lots of ideas.

And remember, we would rather have you ask a question than ask no question at all.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:03 AM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Clean looking lil car ya got there

Old 10-26-2017, 06:30 AM
equinox92
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome and Congrats looks like it will be a good project.
Thanks! Definitely not new to projects, but this is supposed to be the car that isn't a big one! We'll ssee

Originally Posted by r53coop
Welcome to NAM.

No "journals" here but as you have a Gen1, you could start a thread in the R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006). If you do some checking you would note that others have done something similar where they document their efforts on updating/modding/maintaining their car. There are over 85,000 threads here on your generation of car so you should be able to do some researching to find lots of ideas.

And remember, we would rather have you ask a question than ask no question at all.
Perfect, I may just do that. I find writing everything down in a manner where others can always critique is the best way for me to even remember things I've done.

Originally Posted by AnOldBiker
Welcome to the forum

Clean looking lil car ya got there
Thanks! Just need to fix the rust on the hatch. Oddly it had none behind the tail light.

Would anyone know if Mini's warranty would cover that rust? I know I am right on the verge of the 12 years being up. Was gonna call a local Mini dealership today.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,990 Likes on 1,786 Posts
Welcome. Yea I would get on top of that rust and call them to set up an appointment.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172