1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:20 AM
mennojeweetwel
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction

Hi there,

as a new member, here's a short introduction. My name is Menno, I live in the Netherlands in Europe, 44 years old and owner of a small architectural drawing company. My current cars are a Suzuki Swift on lowered on coilovers and 17's, a standard VW UP and a slammed Oval on airride and cosmic rims. At the moment I am looking around for a Clubman S and found one that has been imported from NYC.

Now for my questions,
As all Clubmans are build in the UK, why would a US Clubman be 80 kilograms heavier than an EU one?
Also the US one has been imported with a lot higher CO2 emissions than the EU ones, 202 grams vs 150/167 grams.
Does anyone know where these differances come from?

greetings Menno

Old 08-20-2017, 06:17 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
I really don't know for sure, but we use 10% ethanol in our fuel here, so I am guessing it is possible you don't use it there. It is a calibration thing! It may need fuel mapping done for you fuel.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:24 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Welcome. All R55 were made in the UK. The US cars have the environmental stuff due to California. Also more safety stuff like in board TPMS and safety government requirements. On the C02 emissions, it might be a clean require for another country over there.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Welcome.

Yes, not 100% sure but I think the difference is the additional USNTSB (United States National Transportation Safety Board) recommendations and implantations of safety equipment and devices.

Motor On!