1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Roadster owner checking-in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Bish
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Roadster owner checking-in!

So, after searching for a while I found my Mini

'13 Cooper S Roadster, manual, white silver metallic, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, Mini connected, one owner, sold, maintained, and re-sold by the same dealership with the extended maintenance deal still valid for a couple of years... I had to travel a distance, but I did the deal on Monday and I'll be picking it up later this week (it's a dealership photo in my sig). I was beginning to think I wouldn't get what I wanted before the summer set-in... but the Gods were smiling I guess

Me? I'm a Brit who moved to New York (Long Island) nearly twenty years ago... bought a Thunderbird (as you do), a Mitsubishi GS-T Spyder, then fell into a few boring SUVs. I want more fun from my driving (although the Turbo-Nutter-Bastard Spyder was certainly that!) so it was time for a Roadster! Actually, it's my second Mini... I had a (72?) MkIII Mini 1000 sometime back in the 80s when the wheels were a lot smaller! ... and it bears mentioning that my first Mini experience was when my old man bought a brand new Mini van in 1961... I remember the (floor-mounted) push-start... funny how we've come full circle on that

Anyway... that's enough wittering for a first post.
Cheers!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM. You should find an immense amount of information here on your generation of car between the threads, the members and the vendors. There are over 560 threads on roadsters.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:59 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the NAM family.
Pics?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:51 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Congrats

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Bish
Neutral
Thanks for the welcome!

A bit of a hectic week with schedules and obligations... but I get to pick her up (Her? Have I gender assigned already?) on Monday. Here's a pic from when we first met. As blind dates go, it was pretty successful, and I think we may have a long relationship. I will no doubt buy her lots of presents (starting with some new wheels... the previous owner never met a curb he didn't want to kiss).

Now... how does this picture thing work... ?

She deserves a name...

I''ll do some "beauty shots" when she comes home and I can take her down to the dock/beach or something.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:26 PM
MINI -in-Black
2nd Gear
Congratulations!

What a fun introduction you've had some interesting motorcars.
Wishing you many miles of motoring enjoyment and please post up some pictures when you get a chance we love pictures here.
Welcome!

Old 05-31-2017, 04:56 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Welcome.

Hope to see some pics of your Roadster.

Motor On!

Old 05-31-2017, 05:18 AM
Bish
Neutral
Thanks guys. I had actually posted a couple of days ago (a couple of shots from the dealers lot), but some of my posts seem to be going through the random newcomer "spammer watch" and not being posted immediately (or I'm making a complete pig's ear out of it).

I picked her up in the rain on Monday... but Tuesday was a little nicer, so we managed a topless shot or two. I put a couple of photos on the R59 picture thread, and they seem to post OK. As a grand experiment, I shall try and lift one from my new gallery and place it here (rather than upload again).

Old 05-31-2017, 02:52 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Looks great!