1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:20 PM
SBakerSt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Tennessee

Hi y'all!

I just bought a 2013 Bakers Street edition yesterday and still reeling from the thought of finally owning one (Yay me!).

I just had a question if it is possible to replace the radio with one that streams music from my phone. Right now it only allows bluetooth phone calls. If yes, how difficult is it and do y'all have any suggestions in terms of brand?

Thank y'all in advance

Old 05-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM.

You will find an immense amount of information on your car here between the threads, the members and the vendors. If you have not already done so may I suggest you check out the Navigation & Audio Folder in the Gen2 section here as there are well over 1,600 threads about radios and navigation.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 AM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SBakerSt
Hi y'all!

I just bought a 2013 Bakers Street edition yesterday and still reeling from the thought of finally owning one (Yay me!).

I just had a question if it is possible to replace the radio with one that streams music from my phone. Right now it only allows bluetooth phone calls. If yes, how difficult is it and do y'all have any suggestions in terms of brand?

Thank y'all in advance
When I purchased mine (which the kiddos have cleverly dubbed "Cooper"... I just don't grasp where they came up w/ that name ), it had a Kenwood KDC-BT365U in it. The external mic for BT calls is clipped to the top of the A pillar trim (boy I hope that never gets embedded in my face courtesy of an air bag). Console controls work great w/ Amazon music and Pandora on my Nougat based phone and this head unit lets you dial in LED colors, so it looks pretty close to factory when my dash lights are on. I'll try to remember to snap a pic next time I'm in it when its dark out.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:19 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Welcome.

Get a photo posted and share the love.

Motor On!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:32 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Bakers Street edition, very nice! Would love to see some pictures. If you have any questions along the way of your MINI ownership please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Pictures as promised!

With the way the light emanates, the color looks closer in person.... but, that said, you can customize the LED colors in the headlight to your desire (including setting the various display zones different colors).

Old 05-07-2017, 08:00 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and congrats on your 13 Bakers Street edition!
Welcome to the Nam family!