1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Clutch ideas for my R56 mini cooper S

Old 01-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Kyle Logan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Clutch ideas for my R56 mini cooper S

So my clutch is starting to go out and I have to start thinking about getting a new one. I'd like to get something more geared towards performance as I plan on modifing my Mini. It's 2009 with only 77k miles. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I know nothing about clutches and fly wheels. I want performance but nothing excessive. Everything else on her is stock. But I plan to upgrade.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
What do you plan to do, upgrades wise? You could go with a Spec Stage 1 kit: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg1.htm#item1. It is able to hold 257 ft/lb torque. I'm currently running a Competition Clutch and love it. Primarily due to that it feels pretty much stock, but is rated to hold much higher hp/tq numbers.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-28-2017, 11:25 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
We've installed all the different brands and if you want easy to drive and reliable go with the original
https://www.waymotorworks.com/oem-cl...-cooper-s.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Search this Thread