1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New, almost, to the Mini world.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 04:42 AM
rjones35
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New, almost, to the Mini world.

Just saying hi! I don't have a mini yet, but I'm very intrigued by the countryman. Long story short, I had a Subaru, paid it off, a tree fell on it a month later, bought a Honda Element, it's fine, still paying on it, but it's just "fine", it's transportation. So I started looking for something else, another subaru, a vw, then I saw a Countryman! How cool I thought!! I keep going back and forth about a higher monthly payment, or not, a cool little car, or keeping what I have. I'll be buying used, so it'll be starting over with an unknown again. Seem to be a few around, mainly 2012-2013, 18-23000.00ish. I would want an all4, so they're harder to find. I'm researching, reading what I find, then I found this forum. That's my story. If anybody has any thoughts that would be great!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:11 AM
Squirrel724
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! You are going to have tons of fun with a Mini. I also came from Subarus to Minis (2001 Outback Automatic to 2004 Cooper 5 speed).

I am not exactly sure of when the system was updated (I'll have to talk to my Mini dealership friend) but the early All4s with a manual felt really strange to drive. The system still works fine but the way that the center differential engages in relationship to the clutch feels a bit odd as it requires more torque as it engages AWD. If I see him I will ask him if he knows what model year they tweaked the system.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:27 AM
rjones35
Neutral
Thanks!! I know they've been around a while, I've just never looked at one, (still haven't driven one...) but I really like em! Just the look and feel of the interior is so cool! I'll be going for an automatic so don't have to worry about the clutch.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:14 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
I am working on a 2011 Countryman S All4 Automatic transmission. It has about 24k miles. reconstructed. Once im done fixing it, i'll posted for sale

Old 10-31-2016, 02:20 PM
rjones35
Neutral
Looking at a 2012 with 44000 on it. Looks nice, water pump was replaced a couple years ago, battery was replaced, winter package. They're asking 17800.00. Seems like a deal, still thinking and working on it!! Still get that scary, "what if it explodes next year or something" feeling with used cars! Extended warranty. I'll check on that.

Last edited by rjones35; 10-31-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Adding thoughts
Old 11-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
All4

Originally Posted by rjones35
Looking at a 2012 with 44000 on it. Looks nice, water pump was replaced a couple years ago, battery was replaced, winter package. They're asking 17800.00. Seems like a deal, still thinking and working on it!! Still get that scary, "what if it explodes next year or something" feeling with used cars! Extended warranty. I'll check on that.
Good idea on the warranty. Check our website for service & maintenance info, upgrade guides, articles, etc. Any questions, please ask. We're here to help!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Sorry to hear about your tree incident. The CM will definitely put a big grin on your face when driving it vs. your Element right now. Let us know when you have any prospects and we can help you decide. Also, it's a very good idea to get a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) done on it by a qualified MINI indy shop before you purchase. Just so you know what may or may not be wrong with it. If you need anything I am here to help.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST