1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still waiting on my mini

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:07 AM
ClassicFrog
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting on my mini

Its been frustrating. My car was released from the VDC in NJ on the 7th and the track my mini site still says estimated delivery is the 9th. Its now the 15th and the mini dealership is now saying it "should" be here tomorrow.

the dealership is only about 4 hours from the VDC so i don't really understand why it should take so long.

on the 19th of last month my dealership said the mini was 2 weeks out.

is this just classic sales guy tactics? Ive been tempted to cancel the deal several times now. if its not here Thursday i probably will. The dealership keeps saying it cant track the cars once its released from the VDC but I find that intolerable, I can track a $2 order from amazon but not a car that costs 10s of thousands more?

has anyone else heard of something like a car taking over a week to get trucked 200 miles?

Old 06-15-2016, 11:26 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,973 Likes on 1,772 Posts
Things get held up at the VDC sometimes, mine did when i ordered about a week more.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-15-2016, 11:30 AM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ClassicFrog
Its been frustrating. My car was released from the VDC in NJ on the 7th and the track my mini site still says estimated delivery is the 9th. Its now the 15th and the mini dealership is now saying it "should" be here tomorrow.

the dealership is only about 4 hours from the VDC so i don't really understand why it should take so long.

on the 19th of last month my dealership said the mini was 2 weeks out.

is this just classic sales guy tactics? Ive been tempted to cancel the deal several times now. if its not here Thursday i probably will. The dealership keeps saying it cant track the cars once its released from the VDC but I find that intolerable, I can track a $2 order from amazon but not a car that costs 10s of thousands more?

has anyone else heard of something like a car taking over a week to get trucked 200 miles?
My car has been at the VDC in Baltimore since June 7th and is still there... I called ASK-MINI today and they could not tell me why, their system says that my car should have left the VDC on the 13th... I am getting impatient in Ohio also... I just keep trying to think about something else...

Old 06-15-2016, 02:36 PM
noladude70001
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car arrived at the VDC in Galveston on Saturday 6/11 and I emailed my MA today to find out where we stood. He promptly called the shipping company and told me that my car should arrive tonight or tomorrow and be able to be picked up on either Thursday or Friday. I know that all dealerships are not created equally, but this is how mine operated. I would call the dealership, ask for the sales manager and ask him to call the shipping company.

My car was actually about 2 weeks later than expected, but I know the driving experience will be worth it for many years to come, albeit a bit later than expected.

Hang in there.