1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from California!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 10:33 AM
jwreichle
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from California!

Hello fellow Mini enthusiasts!

I live in Sonoma county just north of the Bay Area. I finally bought my first MCS earlier this year and have been babying it since then. She was bone stock when I bought her @ 65,000 miles in April, and have since put 12,000 miles on her.

I've been working very slowly toward adding modifications, and so far have only added a DDMWorks CAI, Milltek Catback, and Magnecor Competition wires. (My theory is getting it to run as efficiently as possible before bolting on more power).
I also ditched the worn out Bridgestone Potenza all seasons for the Continental Extreme Contact DW on all four corners <- Amazing tires! Super quiet, comfortable, and even though they're performance summer tires, I drove them on snow and some ice when I went home for Thanksgiving! No problem!

My next plan is to add either a 15% or 16% SC reduction pulley, alongside an ATI Super Damper crankshaft pulley (with the appropriately sized belt, of course). With this purchase I'll also get new, colder-firing plugs.

I love driving this car more than anything! I've been reading these forums all year but haven't committed to actively participating in the discussions...'til now! Any tips or ideas you all have are more than welcome! Or if there are any other MCS drivers in the area who want to go for a weekend drive up the coast can hit me up! Cheers

Jed

Old 12-04-2015, 12:22 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,979 Likes on 1,776 Posts
Looks clean, like the black webspokes. Very nice , i had the silver ones on my R56. Looks like you have done some tasteful mods. +1 on the Milltek.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM and hello from California as well! (SoCal for us). Congratulations on your purchase of your first MINI. Good base point to start from before you mod your project. That's what I did, and now it's a fully built race car. The Continentals are a great tire choice. Be sure to let me know if you need anything for your MINI. Enjoy!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST