1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member from Kingsport Tn

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Bree1969
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from Kingsport Tn

Hello everyone my name is Sabrina and I bought a 2007 Mini in June and the turbo just went out. Up till then I was loving my Mini! It is so much fun to drive but having a bit of sticker shock with the price tag on my first repair

Old 08-14-2015, 01:27 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Hello Sabrina,

Sorry to hear that. We have the turbo here and the install kits.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2007-Cooper-R56-S-Coupe-L4_1.6L_N14B16A/Engine/Turbocharger/

The Borg Warner brand is the same brand that makes the Genuine MINI one.

Also change out the oil lines while you are at it.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES2863364/

Hopefully that will save you money and get you going again.

Check around for a BMW / MINI repair shop , independent shop and you can get better pricing on repair work itself. Unless you know someone thats DIY.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-14-2015, 02:12 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Bree1969
Hello everyone my name is Sabrina and I bought a 2007 Mini in June and the turbo just went out. Up till then I was loving my Mini! It is so much fun to drive but having a bit of sticker shock with the price tag on my first repair
Welcome to NAM, Sabrina. Sorry to hear about your issue. Are you getting a quote from a dealership? Maybe someone can recommend a good Indy shop in your area with a better price for the repair.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-14-2015, 06:29 PM
AZN Optics
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM. Hopefully you can get that turbo sorted out.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Bree1969
Neutral
We only have three shops in Kingsport that will/can work on my Mini and the quote that I received was for $2500 labor and all, can anyone tell me if that is a fair price? That is with a new turbo that is a little over $1200 but he told me he would be happy to work with one from a salvage yard if I could find one with low miles and he warned me not to buy a cheap one from eBay that it wouldn't last. They ran a camera up into the engine to make sure that oil wasn't junked up and said that it looked fine, they said that the oil wasn't serviced as it should have been and he thought that was what caused the problem to start with, that or the wrong type of oil being used. As I'm sure you can tell by now I am not a mechanical person, more of take it in when the time comes for service check the oil add gas and drive, Lol. But I am happy that I found you guys that might be able to help point me in the right direction. The add from ECS Tuning looks good and would save me at least 400 from the quote that they gave me for the turbo and will ask him about it for sure his labor cost is $75 per hour and from past shops that we use for our truck sounds about right they charge us $60 an hour but it is a ford and not an import. Thank you guys in advance for any advice you can give me I am just a little over my head. If it matters my car has 120k miles on it and I own it no loans to deal with.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:13 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
We are approx 4 hours from you if you want to bring it to Atlanta. A brand new turbo with our Stainless turbo oil line kit installed will be well under $2000. Plus we have plenty of experience to make it a quick and correct repair.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/stock-c...8-r59-r60.html

Stainless turbo line kit
http://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-sta...-line-kit.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 08-17-2015, 01:15 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Originally Posted by Bree1969
The add from ECS Tuning looks good and would save me at least 400 from the quote that they gave me for the turbo
Glad we could help, find a good indy that works on MINIs and you should be fine.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172