1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie to Minis, not a newbie to forums

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
mweber88
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie to Minis, not a newbie to forums

I've been an avid Acura Legend forum member for over seven years, so the whole idea of a forum of fans of a particular car is definitely not new to me. I also have done my fair share of contributing to that forum as much as I can.

Now, I have the thrill of being involved in a forum for a vehicle that is making its way into my life just as the owner is. While the owner doesn't need any work, the car does.

It's a 2004 R50, with only about 86000 miles. I drove it a lot two weekends ago and learned of quite a bit of wrong with this car: alignment issues, loose suspension components, front brake warpage, tire inflation indicator error, yada yada yada. In doing some poking around here, I've also learned of the mushrooming strut towers, and after inspection... yep, that's a problem, too.

So, now I'm in the midst of ordering parts and getting ready for a mad thrash to get this thing road worthy (and safe!) again this Friday. It's nothing major, really, but it's significant nonetheless.

We at the Acura Legend forums are lucky to have a dealer in Florida that offers us parts at wholesale when we order online from them, and that has been an incredible blessing. Are there any US dealers that offer the same for the Mini?

I hope to learn a lot about this car as well as keep it in my life for quite some time. In advance, thanks for all the info and assistance!!

Old 08-26-2013, 05:30 PM
MIKESGREENMINI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know about getting parts wholesale but there are sponsers here that give a discount to NAM members. Look on the sponsers fourm and welcolme