1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YAY I knew that I wasnt making a mistake by getting a 2004 MINI Cooper S JWC.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
04MINIjcw
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YAY I knew that I wasnt making a mistake by getting a 2004 MINI Cooper S JWC.

I was doing some research and decided to try out one of these cool looking car for myself. I have heard that several people say that they are pretty fast and fun to drive around, so I went to a local auctions and bought one.

Of course I didn't want to pay a lot of money for the first MINI cooper that I wanted to buy and more then anything I like to work on cars and learn knew things about them. So i bought a salvaged so that I could fix it myself and get familiar with whats in it and how it I can customize mine. So here we go.

When I bought the car all I need it to do was to replace the front RH control arm and suspension. Got it all up and running.

But I still have some questions on why my remote quit working after I have unplugged the battery. When I bought the car bot Drivers and passenger AIR BAGs were deployed and I didn't realize that by the battery there is also a (mini air bag) that is connected to the positive terminal cable. It deploys for security reasons so that the car doesn't catch on fire. I thought that my battery was dead so I put a good working battery in it and still did the same thing. So I put my original battery in and my remote stopped working and my alarm.

Both were working when I first got the car.