1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Big Wave To All

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 02:48 PM
4Quarts
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Big Wave To All

As we start motoring through the Labor Day Weekend, I would like to extend a Big Wave to all and especially to the Newbies of NAM. I hope there are many still among you who believe as I do, giving a wave to a fellow Mini Motorer is O-Kay. Remember, you may not always get a wave back in return but, know that this simple gesture will cost you nothing and you never know whose day you just might turn around.

Keep the code alive, give a wave and Happy Motoring!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big wave back!!

There are people who happen to own MINIs and then there are MINI Owners... who always try to wave!

Jeep people are complaining about exactly the same thing... people who are just run of the mill buyers, not enthusiasts... diluting their Wave. They have a ranking system that allots points for modifications, obvious abilities, and trail mud. We sort of have that ranking too, but it is not formalized. Here is a tentative and amorphous attempt. Perhaps people would like to chime in... Of course, the Jeep people are looking for lifts instead of lowering, visible mud instead of cleanliness, etc... so the idea is that if you see a Mini/MINI coming your way, whether the other car ranks higher or lower than what you are driving.. as in the military, lower ranking should wave first!

MINI Ranking System for Waving

1. Classic Mini of any color, age, or with any amount of rust... +10

2. Gen 1 MINI, clean and well kept... + 3

3. Gen 1 MINI, dirty and with expired political stickers -3

4. Gen 1 MINI, lowered and with aftermarket stripes or roof +5

5. Gen 2 MINI, clean and well kept... +1

6. Gen 2 MINI, dirty, or with a cracked windshield... -5

7. Gen 1 Cabrio, top down even though it is under 60 degrees F.... +8

Etc.... So, what would you add?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM
4Quarts
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As i Motored

As I motoered through the weekend, I had a 50/50 response from others'. Mostly because we passed each other and things were going by quickly as it normally does in a Mini. With that being said, I like the your breakout of ranking other Mini's, I think it's spot-on!

I typically give a few bonus points for Cabrios loaded with girls motoring with hair flowing and all but, that's just me I think. I am certain everyone may have a slightly different take on this and I hope others contribute!