1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 parts, service, and treatment of THIS guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by COOUUPER S
Waymotorworks ftw. Ordered a motor mount n helix short shifter n was in the mail the next day.
Ohhhh... What's a motor mount do? I only bought my helix shift kit because it was reasonable and installed for me, but now I LOVE it.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by onefish2
First off you can't drive to their office as its out of Peter's house. Or maybe you can but its not an office or a shop.
Hmm... address on M7 website: M7 Tuning, 6233 Elsa Street, Lakewood, CA 90713 USA

Street view on Google Maps:

Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Yep, everything I've gotten from Way was top notch.

Annette

Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 AM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off it was pure BS that you couldn't buy the products through PayPal without shipping and go pick it up yourself. If nothing else they could have had you just put the amount without shipping in their PayPal account. Secondly any company who cusses you over the phone or in person when asked a question is not a company you should do business with period. Unprofessional and unacceptable. You should post this on every board, M7 deserves it and the community needs to know.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Short Wait
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have to jump on this train.... you did the right thing exposing this type of treatment. Having worked in customer service, you need a great deal of restraint at times but you have to know how to treat people. The business depends on it, trying to BS someone or cursing just doesn't get it ESPECIALLY from the seller. Good for you in making us aware of where not to spend our money!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and by the way, Way Motor Works has excellent customer service and quick......

Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM
firenewt
4th Gear
Everything considered, dealing with Way has been a positive experience. Wish I had been able to get all my work done locally by Way(Indianapolis area), but since Way has moved to Atlanta most of his time has been devoted to his expanded shop - as it should be.
My M7 experiences have also been positive.

Kevin

Old 03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
onefish2
6th Gear
Can we set some things straight here. M7 is the manufacturer and in this case was also selling their products directly. I bought all my M7 parts directly from them so I could take advantage of holiday sales etc. I would think that the manufacturer would have better inventory than a reseller like Way Motor Works.

I have also purchased from Way in the past. They do ship very quickly, have a better website and are much more professional that the M7 crew.

Another thing I would like to point out was that over Christmas 2010 M7 was selling many of their products on eBay with "buy it now" not via auction for less then they had it for on their website even with their holiday discount code. Shipping was cheaper too. I called to place an order and asked them to give me the same price and shipping as on eBay. They refused. They said you want it cheaper get it from the auction.

I am just about done with my mods and I will not be purchasing any more M7 products from them or any one else.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Haseo461x
2nd Gear
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
John_B
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
If you want parts I'll be happy to help out.
He sure will! I called Way the other day looking for wheel studs to convert my R52, and he told me he didn't have them in stock - but did tell me what to steer away from and where to get good quality ones - and this was all after hours!!!

Sorry you had that negative experience, I had read a bit about that guys demeanor a month or two ago when searching for reviews on his products - turned me away instantly without even reading about the parts.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Silverblood
It wouldn't happen to have been this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtFwzbNN3A
Sweedish?
He sounds like Cesar Milan...The Dog Whisperer.

BTW I did not know that R56 has the same mushrooming promlems as R53 That is ridiculus of BMW engineers to not resolve an obvious design flaw on sencond gen. Shees, I can't believe the R56 still needs strut reinforcement plates, that really chaps my hide WTF are they smoking at MINI engineering, they must be "Shrooming"

Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Quick Update:
Matthew, the more calm mannered person in the house-shop, stood up for Peter and said that I had offended him. I told him they are being delusional in thinking that interrupting a customer on the phone to put him in his place throughout a conversation is how to treat a customer. He said "well, Peter thinks you were being unreasonable and that you offended him by saying there must be a cultural or language barrier". He then said that just from talking with me on the phone that he is positive that Peter was correct and he can tell what kind of person I am.

I'm not making this stuff up! Really, the best part, was when Matthew went on to say that M7 has the best customer service in the business and has the best reputation on NAM for customer service and as a vendor in general (his words).

I'm returning my stuff... even in returning my stuff I asked when I would be refunded and he was all vague about that... I feel like I had to manage them from placing the order, to dealing with the order not showing, to dealing with the refund process.

I love how it's run out of a house and they say "my shipping person was out" and "my accounting person will be out that day".

Anyhow, the follow-up call today was all the proof I needed. Still no apology, though I did get two NEW excuses followed by "well did you get your parts or didn't you?" as though I should be happy to even get my parts.

Funny how Matt_B read about that guys demeanor recently, likely from someone else having a bad experience with him. I'm guessing Peter funds this goofy operation so Matthew has to bow down to him.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 11cooperS
Quick Update:
Matthew, the more calm mannered person in the house-shop, stood up for Peter and said that I had offended him. I told him they are being delusional in thinking that interrupting a customer on the phone to put him in his place throughout a conversation is how to treat a customer. He said "well, Peter thinks you were being unreasonable and that you offended him by saying there must be a cultural or language barrier". He then said that just from talking with me on the phone that he is positive that Peter was correct and he can tell what kind of person I am.

I'm not making this stuff up! Really, the best part, was when Matthew went on to say that M7 has the best customer service in the business and has the best reputation on NAM for customer service and as a vendor in general (his words).

I'm returning my stuff... even in returning my stuff I asked when I would be refunded and he was all vague about that... I feel like I had to manage them from placing the order, to dealing with the order not showing, to dealing with the refund process.

I love how it's run out of a house and they say "my shipping person was out" and "my accounting person will be out that day".

Anyhow, the follow-up call today was all the proof I needed. Still no apology, though I did get two NEW excuses followed by "well did you get your parts or didn't you?" as though I should be happy to even get my parts.

Funny how Matt_B read about that guys demeanor recently, likely from someone else having a bad experience with him. I'm guessing Peter funds this goofy operation so Matthew has to bow down to him.
WOW, yeah matt deff has the best customer service on NAM, m7 also has awesome cutomer service yeah right

Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Go with what you are comfortable with. m7 has some great parts. Some of them really do make a difference. Others not so much. Just a lot of hype.
Do not believe everything you read. Do Your own research.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:58 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
This thread has (or had) nothing to do with the quality of the parts, but the people/company who makes those parts.

All of the parts they sent me are fine, but I don't want my money to support their crappy service.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 PM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience 11cooperS

I will not be purchasing anything from these guys.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 AM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
****** M7 The Only Thing I Have From Them Is The Shift **** And A Boost Tube Only Cause The Wife Bought Them For Me, I Would Have Never Bought Anything From Them If It Was Up To Me, That Peter Dude Is Rude As Hell Last Time I Talked To Him Asking About A Product Of Theirs, Hope They Rot In Hell

Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
MiniCobra
2nd Gear
M7 Great customer service

I am the opposite of this thread. I called to order parts from M7. Wanted a scoop. I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes. When the guy came back on he said they were out of them but called some of his dealers to find one for me. I called his recommendation and they took care of me.
Another occasion I called M7 and this was months later to get tower supports and the order was taken care of all over the phone. My cc was declined which was not my fault but the card company claiming unauthorized use? I told this to the Swedish sounding guy and he said to use paypal. I did not want to so he asked where I worked and how long. I thought that this was a bit personal but answered anyway. He said send me a check. I got my parts before he got my check for the supports!

Those that cast stones for business operating from their home I think you guys need to get in touch with reality. With the economy today a dealer that only sells parts and offers no labor it is a wise choice. I also was curious and looked at some of the mods some of you all have. Looking into addresses both shipping and physical I know very well that some major vendors operate from their homes as well as M7. Their are at least 3 that I found here on this forum there might be more be more?
With respect to the op and thread viewers like the saying goes there are two sides to every story and we are reading only one side of the story here. I have to wonder what the other parties story would be if they posted?

Parts from my Mini comes from some of these dealers all that gave me great customer service:

M7
Alta
Detroit Tuned
Custom Mini Shop
Helix
Out Motoring
Mini Mania
Way Motor Works
Mini Madness
Werkin Mini
Moss Mini

Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
I've said three times now that they are clearly free to join this discussion. I don't think much is left to say other than Peter runs the company and is hot headed... And no one who works for him is going to admit any of these things nor are they openly going to apologize. They don't believe in it.

As for your situation with payment, maybe I'm missing something but look at your circumstance and theirs as a vendor.
Random person calls to order parts via phone and credit card is rejected, then random customer doesn't want to use paypal, so they ask how long you have worked somewhere and say to send a check... And you get your parts before the check clears. Stating the obvious, your track record with them in that conversation was not good.
That sounds sketchy even though you are the guy it happened to. M7 is the place to go if you are stealing someones identity or using a stolen credit card apparently.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by veggivet
You may want to check out the vendor review section on this site before ordering from ALTA...
I know some people have had issues with ALTA, but my one experience with them was very positive. I dealt with a rep named Christine via email, she was very responsive and helpful, gave me a break on the price of my sway bar, and the item shipped out the next day from Portland and was at my doorstep in Victoria two days later. No issues, will definitely order again.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
MiniCobra
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 11cooperS
I've said three times now that they are clearly free to join this discussion. I don't think much is left to say other than Peter runs the company and is hot headed... And no one who works for him is going to admit any of these things nor are they openly going to apologize. They don't believe in it.

As for your situation with payment, maybe I'm missing something but look at your circumstance and theirs as a vendor.
Random person calls to order parts via phone and credit card is rejected, then random customer doesn't want to use paypal, so they ask how long you have worked somewhere and say to send a check... And you get your parts before the check clears. Stating the obvious, your track record with them in that conversation was not good.
That sounds sketchy even though you are the guy it happened to. M7 is the place to go if you are stealing someones identity or using a stolen credit card apparently.

Look it was the security I have on my card protecting me nothing more.
Hmm what is the definition of a moron?

Don't make this personal because unlike some if you get around enough we will meet someday!
Done with this thread and fk nuts like you!!

Hope to meet you someday in person!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
When I was looking for parts to buy for my car, in researching which ones to get I stumbled on more than one thread that not only mentioned this type of behavior from M7, but threads in which they displayed it themselves in replies to customers.

At that point I decided not to do business with them. I get most of my parts from Way Motor Works, and I've ordered some small things from Outmotoring too. Both have given me great service and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniCobra

Don't make this personal because unlike some if you get around enough we will meet someday!

Relax, Internet Tough Guy, no one attacked you personally. He just gave his opinion on the way they handled your experience. :P

Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow...you exploded fast. Take it easy mate

Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This guy must work for m7

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
moron - a person of subnormal intelligence

Quick Reply: M7 parts, service, and treatment of THIS guy