1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The waiting is the hardest part...

Greetings everyone,

My Clubman has been sitting on the dock since 8/30. It’s headed to Brunswick Georgia and I can see that WW had a ship leave Southampton yesterday (9/1) and there is one leaving on 9/3 and 9/4 as well. Ironically all three arrive on 9/17. I don’t see any K-Line vessels that go to Georgia.

Couple questions:
Do all Minis ship out of Southampton or could there be another port I should be watching?
Is it unrealistic to hope that my Mini would leave the port that quickly?

i was really hoping to get the car by 9/22 as my wife has a girls weekend that weekend so me and the clubman could have the whole weekend to ourselves

David

Old 09-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Kodan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Loonysup
Greetings everyone,

My Clubman has been sitting on the dock since 8/30. It’s headed to Brunswick Georgia and I can see that WW had a ship leave Southampton yesterday (9/1) and there is one leaving on 9/3 and 9/4 as well. Ironically all three arrive on 9/17. I don’t see any K-Line vessels that go to Georgia.

Couple questions:
Do all Minis ship out of Southampton or could there be another port I should be watching?
Is it unrealistic to hope that my Mini would leave the port that quickly?

i was really hoping to get the car by 9/22 as my wife has a girls weekend that weekend so me and the clubman could have the whole weekend to ourselves

David
1) No not all Minis come out of Southhampton. Some come from Zeebrugge Belgium(means the car was built in Austria ***edit should be NETHERLANDS not Austria). If your cars last 7 digits of the VIN start with 3(my 2018 ordered car does start with 3) then it could be coming from Austria*** edit should be NETHERLANDS not Austria*****. I get a lot of conflicting info on this so take with some salt. My dealer says ALL Cooper Hardtops come from Oxford and that only a few models(think he said countryman and clubman) come from Austria(***edit think this is correct but might also be NETHERLANDS but I think some cars do come out of Austria). When I check my 2015 Coupe' VIN at bimmer.work it says the car came out of Oxford but when I check my new 2018 order it doesn't list a production plant at all.

2) Your Mini could sit at the port for several weeks depending on various factors( did it take damage on the train, are there lots of other cars waiting, did Hurricane Harvey cause other backlogs, etc..). There is no guarantee that your Mini will get on the first boat that arrives at the port.

3) You Mini can sit at the VDC for awhile too once it is off the boat (again for various reasons). Then the car has to be shipped to your dealer where it can take them some time to prep it for delivery.

There is probably not much chance of your vehicle actually being delivered by 9/22. I hope it does make it but not sure that's a realistic expectation. Sorry don't mean to rain on your parade or anything.

P.S. Have you tried going to 2wglobal.com and using their online tracking tool to see if you car is on a boat yet? You can use their online track and trace to input your VIN(the complete one I believe in the cargo id field) and it will tell you if your car is on a boat or not.

Last edited by Kodan; 09-08-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kodan
1) No not all Minis come out of Southhampton. Some come from Zeebrugge Belgium(means the car was built in Austria). If your cars last 7 digits of the VIN start with 3(my 2018 ordered car does start with 3) then it could be coming from Austria. I get a lot of conflicting info on this so take with some salt. My dealer says ALL Cooper Hardtops come from Oxford and that only a few models(think he said countryman and clubman) come from Austria. When I check my 2015 Coupe' VIN at bimmer.work it says the car came out of Oxford but when I check my new 2018 order it doesn't list a production plant at all.

2) Your Mini could sit at the port for several weeks depending on various factors( did it take damage on the train, are there lots of other cars waiting, did Hurricane Harvey cause other backlogs, etc..). There is no guarantee that your Mini will get on the first boat that arrives at the port.

3) You Mini can sit at the VDC for awhile too once it is off the boat (again for various reasons). Then the car has to be shipped to your dealer where it can take them some time to prep it for delivery.

There is probably not much chance of your vehicle actually being delivered by 9/22. I hope it does make it but not sure that's a realistic expectation. Sorry don't mean to rain on your parade or anything.

P.S. Have you tried going to 2wglobal.com and using their online tracking tool to see if you car is on a boat yet? You can use their online track and trace to input your VIN(the complete one I believe in the cargo id field) and it will tell you if your car is on a boat or not.
Thanks for the detailed reply. The last 7 of my VIN does start with 2 which should indicate Oxford, but on bimmer.work it shows the production plant as BORN. Not sure which is correct

Old 09-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Kodan
3rd Gear
Thanks for the detailed reply. The last 7 of my VIN does start with 2 which should indicate Oxford, but on bimmer.work it shows the production plant as BORN. Not sure which is correct
Actually looking around every vin I have tried lately that had a 2 showed Born as the production plant. T seems to be the Oxford plant. Looks like your Mini will probably ship out of Zeebrugge in Belgium.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
I went back about 20 cars from my VIN and can't find a single one that has shipped via WWL. I would imagine that puts me on K-Line. Looks the soonest is could possibly load is 9/6 in Zeebrugge or 9/10 in Southampton. After that, the ships are about a week apart. Either way, my 9/22 wishful thinking is definitely not happening.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
I went back about 20 cars from my VIN and can't find a single one that has shipped via WWL. I would imagine that puts me on K-Line. Looks the soonest is could possibly load is 9/6 in Zeebrugge or 9/10 in Southampton. After that, the ships are about a week apart. Either way, my 9/22 wishful thinking is definitely not happening.
Well I got all excited myself and thought my car had made it onto a boat but it had not. I am beginning to think my hopes of having my car in by October 10th are also wishful thinking. At least though we both have cars coming to be excited about.

One thing you can do is also go to 2wglobal.com and put in a partial VIN (I use all but the last 4-5 numbers) and see if any with your same plant code(first of the last 7 numbers/letters) came out of any place other than Zeebrugge. Near as I can call anything with the 3 mine starts with has come out of there and NOT Southhampton. The guys at the ASK MINI number actually did finally confirm for me today that based on the production schedule and model my car absolutely could have come from Zeebrugge even though the dealer insists that model cant come from anywhere but Southhampton. Looks like there are 3-4 plants now making Minis and most of the ones NOT coming from Oxford ship from Zeebrugge( I think there is another port up the coast from Zeebrugge that cars can come from too but again not 100% on this info). Also I said up top that cars going out of Zeebrugge are from Austria that's incorrect they are coming from the Netherlands (typically Born) I got my country names confused...

Last edited by Kodan; 09-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Well I got all excited myself and thought my car had made it onto a boat but it had not. I am beginning to think my hopes of having my car in by October 10th are also wishful thinking. At least though we both have cars coming to be excited about.

One thing you can do is also go to 2wglobal.com and put in a partial VIN (I use all but the last 4-5 numbers) and see if any with your same plant code(first of the last 7 numbers/letters) came out of any place other than Zeebrugge. Near as I can call anything with the 3 mine starts with has come out of there and NOT Southhampton. The guys at the ASK MINI number actually did finally confirm for me today that based on the production schedule and model my car absolutely could have come from Zeebrugge even though the dealer insists that model cant come from anywhere but Southhampton. Looks like there are 3-4 plants now making Minis and most of the ones NOT coming from Oxford ship from Zeebrugge.
I’m pretty confident mine is in Southampton and I’ll hopefully be loaded on the 10th. ASK-MINI said it looks like I’m supposed to ship the beginning of next week so it does coincide with the k-line ship I’ve been tracking.

Since I’m in Florida, it’s just as well that the car is as far away from here as possible at the moment.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
Hmm I just looked and the Austria plant is no longer making any Minis (there was some production there but it ended with the 2016 model year). All I can find so far are cars from Born Netherlands and Oxford England.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Hmm I just looked and the Austria plant is no longer making any Minis (there was some production there but it ended with the 2016 model year). All I can find so far are cars from Born Netherlands and Oxford England.
Which model are you waiting on?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
I’m pretty confident mine is in Southampton and I’ll hopefully be loaded on the 10th. ASK-MINI said it looks like I’m supposed to ship the beginning of next week so it does coincide with the k-line ship I’ve been tracking.

Since I’m in Florida, it’s just as well that the car is as far away from here as possible at the moment.
If your Vin identifies it as coming from Born at bimmer.work that's probably accurate and it wont be coming out of Southhampton. Try this VIN decoder. https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/?IsExport=False

Its the only decoder I can see that actually suggests my car is coming from the Netherlands although every vin I have tracked with a 3 on the 2wglobal site has. Most of the decoders don't have a plant for 3 listed. ASK-MINI hasn't told me anything more than my car is at the port. I didn't even know they would say a date for that. Cool to know...

Which model are you waiting on?
Waiting on a Cooper S 2 door.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
If your Vin identifies it as coming from Born at bimmer.work that's probably accurate and it wont be coming out of Southhampton. Try this VIN decoder. https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/?IsExport=False

Its the only decoder I can see that actually suggests my car is coming from the Netherlands although every vin I have tracked with a 3 on the 2wglobal site has. Most of the decoders don't have a plant for 3 listed. ASK-MINI hasn't told me anything more than my car is at the port. I didn't even know they would say a date for that. Cool to know...

Waiting on a Cooper S 2 door.

Bimmer.work has it listed as Born, but this other site is showing it as Oxford. From everything I’ve found online, it appears the clubmans are only built in Oxford since the 2016 model.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
OMG this has been a ride that's STILL not over. My car FINALLY got off the boat(at least I sure hope they didn't forget to take mine off the boat) but it has literally been delayed at almost every single stage so far. It took 12 days to make the car. It took almost that long to get it to the port. It then took almost three weeks to get on the boat and then was delayed again on the boat ride. I was hoping to have it by Monday for my Bday but that hope has been dashed with all the delays.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:13 PM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
I searched each page of this thread, and while I did see my issue addressed it seems to be out of date. I have an existing account for OL and I want to add my new car so I can track it. After I enter my production number or VIN I'm presented with a screen asking for the Acquired Date, Acquired Mileage, and Current Mileage. If I don't fill those boxes I cannot proceed. Is there another place where I can add a vehicle in production to an existing account?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:59 PM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
I just made up some numbers and now I can track it.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:31 AM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
Production is finished and it is now awaiting transport. From the first post in this thread, the links for the schedules of the two shipping companies are both dead.

https://schedule.2wglobal.com/Schedu...pe=generatePDF
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 PM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
My car has been awaiting transport for nearly three weeks. Is that normal? I know we've had a couple of holidays in there, but I would think it could have made it into a boat by now.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:19 PM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
You are no longer able to look up what ship you car will be on. Per wallenius wilhelmsen website "Due to security concerns we have decided to remove the cargo id search functionality from our Track & Trace web page."

Old 05-12-2018, 05:07 AM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Use www.marinetraffic.com to track vessel if you know name of ship.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:25 AM
JasonMa
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I placed an order for a 2019 earlier this week and the Order Confirmation form had 3 dates on it I'm trying to figure out.

Req. Date
Sub. Date
Conf. Date

The first two have the same date listed after them, the last one was about a month later. Any idea what these dates mean?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM
JasonMa
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JasonMa
I placed an order for a 2019 earlier this week and the Order Confirmation form had 3 dates on it I'm trying to figure out.

Req. Date
Sub. Date
Conf. Date

The first two have the same date listed after them, the last one was about a month later. Any idea what these dates mean?
Well my car finished production on Friday, almost two weeks before the first of the three dates. So I really have no idea what the dates were supposed to represent.

Last edited by JasonMa; 06-27-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:57 AM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure this is the place for this, but I orderd a 2019 Countryman and I can never get into the MINI Owners Lounge to track it. I have changed my password and they say it is fine, but will not let me enter. I am going on my 5th MINI I have built (we lease) can never can get in. I have my production number and was told by my rep at the MINI dealer how to track it, but doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Have you called 866 ASK-MINI? Can get updates there and talk to a representative about website issue

Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peterpan101
Have you called 866 ASK-MINI? Can get updates there and talk to a representative about website issue
Thanks no I have not. Will check into it.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 AM
JasonMa
2nd Gear
I know its no longer possible to use the shipping line's website to track the ship my Mini is on, due to security reasons. Is it possible, if I know the window the ship left in, to figure out which ship its likely on from other sources? My Mini's status updated in the last 12-18 hours to En Route, so presumably the ship left Southampton in the last 24 hours.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:00 PM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Ask your dealer, mine was able to let me know what ship ours was on

The following users liked this post:
JasonMa (06-28-2018)

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated