1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member RI

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:13 PM
SteveB625
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member RI

Hi All,
I just joined over this past week. I've been interested in Mini's since the redesign in '02. I even went out and got the Italian Job DVD when it came out.

I've had a couple of MGBs and sold my ground up refurbed '79 Rubber Bumper B in '06. It was a nice car that ran great but I got bored with it. I'm a past member of BMCNE and a current member of RV forums and Dodge Truck forums.

I'm a truck guy but the fact is it is just not feasible to have 2 trucks, a half ton Dodge and a 1 ton Dodge Cummins diesel. I decided that now is the time to start looking for car. I refuse to drive a Neon or a Toyota (not that there's anything wrong with 'em) so Mini it is!

Of course, now that gas prices are spiking, the value of used Mini's is going up. Unless a real sweet deal comes along I'm going to order new. I am considering all my options to make this happen. The 1/2 ton truck will have to go (I need the CTD to tow my camper). I am also seriously considering parting with my '67 Chevelle Malibu. I've had it forever but I just don't use it anymore. At this point, getting a Mini is the only good reason that I would have to sell that car.

Anyway, I've also gotten great info from this site and figured I'd stop in to say HI! This Mini thing is kind of exciting!

SteveB

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
Welcome to Mini Madness! I'm sure you won't regret your decision to get a Mini . Best of luck in figuring out how to make it happen!!!!

My husband made the mistake of buying The Italian Job DVD as a congratulations present for getting Galileo...thankfully I'm still in the break-in period or it might be an even worse influence on me .

Old 06-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Happy hunting for the MINI of your dreams.

CROC 411