1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YAHOO! Back to the mini world 2002 Cooper with 37,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 PM
edmikell
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YAHOO! Back to the mini world 2002 Cooper with 37,000 miles

I'm back!

I got the issue with the dog cooper from DRIVE 1 in Norfolk straightened out and found a real cream puff in Winchester Virginia.

This condition of this vehcile is amazing. It really is in show room condition. I don't see how anyone can keep floormats, seats, etc., in this kind of shape.

Took it down to the beach and back, and it averaged 40 mpg. Great! The 2003 PT Cruiser I traded it for averaged about 15 around town, and 25 on the highway, so this is big improvement for me!

The misses and I are headed down Route 66 on Friday, May 23. I'll update by blog site with pictures and such as we go along. We will miss the space of the PT Cruiser, but we won't pack much.

Just two sort of annoyances have cropped up. A squeaky sunroof, while minor gets annoying after an hour. It's not metal on metal sound, more rubbing plastic. If I hold my hand between the plastic and rubber seal, it stops, but I look funny driving that way for very long.

The other will have to be a dealer fix (I got the 36,000 warranty for only $400! unlimited coverage). When I use the remote to lock or unlock the door, the driver's side does not work. I can hear the mechanism in the door, but it doesn't unlock.

It also doesn't have the Harmon Kardon radio like the other unit. I didn't realize how much better that radio sounded, but it is pretty remarkable. Maybe someone can tell me some speaker replacements that would help the sound. I hate to replace the unit in the dash, as I like to keep the look and feel of the original. Any inexpensive upgrade suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, I'm happy as can be, and like others, look for an excuse to go drive.

Cheers, and if you see a spruce green 2002 mini fly by you on route 66, with Virginia plates - it's me.