1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member yo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 AM
ElvisC
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member yo!

lol hey guys, i'm formly a saturn owner / modifier.

I had a 2004 Saturn ION-1 sedan which I turbocharged, there's youtube videos of the vehicle of it running and when i popped a piston lol.

Well after spending too much time and money on the damn ION i finally broke down and wanted to buy a better car.

So I went to my saturn dealership and saw this.

I wanted to test drive it and holy crap I was impressed, the car handled like a dream and it took off pretty quick, I was definately in love.

So I purchased the vehicle for $16,995 and it only has 30k miles on it. I just need wait for the registration to go through before i can take delievery.

For modifications since i'm not 100% on the tuning options for the vehicle (i dont want to play with piggybacks, i'd rather have some kind of ecu modifier like HP tuners (GM / Ford) or something. I just don't want to do the whole standalone route unless i really have to) But i'm just going to be basic for now (smaller pulley, colder plugs, better i/c, intake, header, catback)

I know my stuff for car modifications and engine building since i have built a forged engine for my ion but sold it, so right now it has a stock engine in there with the turbo.

Here's an image of the turbo ion

That's when I was trying to get the car to run on Megasquirt II, but it ran like crap so i just put in the 034 Extra Injector Controller and called it a day, it only put down 210whp and 230wtq :( and i never got a video of that day :(.

But the other reason i got the Mini Cooper S was because I just recently defeated cancer and wanted to treat myself for the hell i went through for the past 5 months .

So i guess i'm not your average newbie? lol

Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Welcome to the club!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 AM
ElvisC
Neutral
Originally Posted by tdm156
Welcome to the club!
Thanks!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the world of MINIs and it certainly sounds like you deserved it! Congrats on the new car and overcoming your health issues...

Donna