1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 AM
whiteyanderson
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

i forgot to post a hello and have made 2 or 3 posts already. so hello.

little bit about me: i live in Los Angeles and moved here 2 years ago from san antonio, texas where i resided for 28 years. due to better job opportunities, i relocated here to socal. i am a pro photo-retoucher.

actually i was born in Oxford, England where my mother, grandmother and grandfather were also born and raised. My grandmother worked for Morris Garage, my grandfather worked for Rover. Both plants were a very short bike ride for both my grandparents. My father is a mini fanatic who used to race the classic minis when we lived in England. he has walls and walls of mini cooper models that he spends months on building each one to exact specs. he was totally thrilled to hear i got my first mini.

i've always wanted a mini - guess its in my blood. but, being from texas for so long, normally drove a truck. well, also the fact that the classic mini was tough to find in texas and i could never afford the new ones. i did have a 70 MG midget for years though...

my other vehicle is a massive ford bronco with a 6" lift and 35" mickey thompsons! but, L.A. is very unforgiving to the beast so i finally got the mini i always dreamed of: 2003 cooper in indi blue with 37,000 miles. it's in really great condition. couple of small issues (drivers door lock doesnt open via remote).

i'm lucky enough to live a few miles from minicorsa and just spoke with danny yesterday and hopefully will be meeting up with him next week so we can comb over the mini just to make sure we're good to go. he seems like a great guy.

i do love this little car. man they have changed SO much since my days as a kid in oxford. it's like a little luxury car inside. and awesome looking to boot!

anyhow, great forum and glad to be here!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard and to the world of MINIs in your driveway... I enjoyed reading your background.

Donna

Old 12-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM Whitey, from central Ga. What an interesting intro. Do you get back home to see your family? Good luck with your new ride and I wish you many happy and trouble free miles for the future.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 AM
whiteyanderson
4th Gear
thanks very much for the welcomes. unfortunately i haven't been back to oxford for MANY years and both my grandparents passed about 5 years ago.

on a brighter note, talked with my mom yesterday after i posted this and turns out that my grandad worked at pressed steel which i guess now is the oxford plant which is where the mini is built?

it's a small world i suppose in weird ways we always find a way back to our beginnings. and another thing about my new mini is that it really has brought my dad and i closer. his love for minis goes way back to the 60's. i always loved them but, didn't know a whole lot about them being a kid back then. and them being so rare here until the new mini. but, now, we have something new to talk about. when the new ones came out- he was not a fan but, now he says he is jealous.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 AM
UKCoopeR
5th Gear
i must say excellent color choice

i refer to my car's issues as personality traits
like the interior lights for the a/c turn off if i use fan setting 2 and windscreen defrost

enjoy your awesome new car, and the great community that comes with it