1st Annual MINIs in the Mountains (2006) Ready for some high altitude fun? Learn all about the newest national MINI event!

Picking a village

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Punkin Donuts
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that was totally bizarre. If I scrolled down really fast, it was like watching a flip-book animation.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:37 PM
AgBul8
2nd Gear
Its also a good way to boost your post count!

Old 05-20-2006, 06:56 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
That WAS weird....

I find as I get older, my short term memory is not what it used to be...

I find as I get older, my short term memory is not what it used to be...

JPS

JPS

Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
As I get older I find your short term memory is not what it used to be. I can find a Mini for you in one of two ways, two ways, way too . . . too way . . . .
Nancy and I have been trying to figure out the Village thing but we have been saved by a slow Cooper Mt web site . . . my attention span isn't long enough to get any of the villages booked before the timeout. In any event, did you say a room next to Starbucks?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I like the area around the Village

around West Lake. The Starbucks is right there.

Keep in mind that this area is much like a large condo complex (it is a large condo complex) and that distances are not far. Just minutes by foot from one end to the other.

Imagine you go out early (in a jacket of course) for a brisk walk to Starbucks. Then, cradling it in your hands and blowing the steam away from the top, you walk slowly back to where you came from. Only this time, you keep going because the air is so cool and brisk and clean, and the natural mountain beauty overtakes you. Only to find that you have kept on walking, and you are now out of coffee.

There are worse problems in the world....

Jonathan

Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 PM
MINIGolfer1
3rd Gear
Just out of curiosity, we have been trying to actually figure out what the rates really are, and whether there is a discount they are giving for people that are attending.

We don't want to spend a lot for a place to stay, and am very interested in the golf course.

Haven't registered as of yet, as I am still waiting on the approval for the time off, however if I can get the room booked then it makes it easier for me to tell them I have confirmed reservations.

I know that there are several of us from the Dallas area (Metroplex MINI) that are planning on coming.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:46 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Thanks for asking

We have negotiated a series of rates with CMR based on what we felt our group would need. They have set aside rates and lodging from Studio to 3 BR, with and without underground parking, for our group. We want you to choose what you need and, if necessary, we can do a thread for pp who want to hook up and share like we do at the Dragon.

The rates are discounted at CMR and include an additional 10% off any F&B you buy there, plus include a lift ticket for the resort.

I will go ahead and start the 'sharing' thread so that if you wish to book a larger unit, but wish to share the cost, you can. Personally, I like that choice and did that both times at the Dragon. It can be great fun.

Jonathan

Old 05-24-2006, 04:49 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Be sure that

when you register for MITM here in NAM, you also contact CMR Copper ASAP, using the code we give you in our registration here. Then, please FRAPPR yourself, post that you have registered, and join in our discussions here.

Thanks.

JPS

Old 05-26-2006, 08:56 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Spent some time at Copper Mtn Resort today

Bottom line - it IS very easy to get around, the walks are short, and it is nice.

For lodging, the Village is great. The restaurants and bars are there, as is the Starbucks, just 150 yards from Burning Stones Plaza, across the river. Right there.

Further, there is a second Starbucks just off the property, right on I-70 at the exit / entrance ramps, attached to the Conoco and a Quiznos is there, too. Easy.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
GreenIguana
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
We can help you find a MINI one of two ways -

1. I will make an appeal to our members. No promises, but we may have someone who cannot attend the event but whom may be willing to loan out a MINI...for a tank of gas.

2. Contact Aaron Heggen, manager of the MINI store at Ralph Schomp MINI here in Denver (Littleton). No promises, but he may either have a loaner or may know of someone - perhaps one of their staff - who can pop for a loaner.

One way or the other, I will help you and Gabe from MotoringFile find a MINI to drive. He is coming out from Chicago and we have the same situation.

Frankly, I think we can resolve your issue....

Jonathan

JPS
WOW, quite the post .... Thanks for your help... My meeting may be In Denver or I will push for actually up at Copper whichever makes sense for car pick up.....

Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
purplefreak60
3rd Gear
I just booked our lodging! Got a GOLD condo, 2 bed/2 bath right in the Village "center" for $219/night plus tax. Also, they offer Wireless Internet for $9.95/day in the building or Dial up for FREE!!

If you haven't booked your room yet, I suggest you do it soon as it took him a bit to find a 2 bed in the center!

Lynn

Old 06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
I solved my problem . . . I just had my wife call. I surprised her by booking early for my annual "over 50" soccer tournament in Las Vegas (no chuckles please from the U14s) at Circus Circus. Her reaction: "I hate clowns."

She booked us a gold room somewhere . . . it is a bit costly but has a kitchen . . . hence it doesn't matter so much just how close to Starbucks it may be.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:56 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I checked this week on lodging

CMR still has plenty of the $99 rooms, and I also checked on 1 BR w sofa and there are plenty at $119.

I recommend somewhere near Burning Stones Plaza (everything is within sight) in Center Village. We will be doing one of our group pics in the Plaza, both evening dinners are there, and that is where we park the MINIs around the Plaza and watch The Italian Job on Saturday night, slopeside....

See you there.

Jonathan

Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
If/when you make reservations @ Copper..... listen carefully to the check-in time. 4:00 PM!!!! Is that typical to have it so late?????

Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
purplefreak60
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Shellbell
If/when you make reservations @ Copper..... listen carefully to the check-in time. 4:00 PM!!!! Is that typical to have it so late?????
Actually, I find that typical of upscale Hotels. AMVIV was 3pm and I wouldn't even call Palace Station upscale. The good news is a lot of times if they have your room ready, they'll let you check in early. I'd just check at the desk when you arrive.

Glad you are coming!!

Lynn

Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Agreed.

I asked for early check in as I arrive in the AM that day. They offered it, pending availability which is a function of two things:

1. The other guy needs to check out
2. They need to change the sheets

Once done, they can check you in and they will. They will not make you wait just to wait.

Unlike many hotels, they do not have ALL the rooms on floors. Here they have so many buildings, sometimes with few units on a floor. Years ago we used to be able to clean a room in 25 mins or so....in a big hotel. Not here, takes longer.

JPS

Old 07-31-2006, 07:59 PM
GreenIguana
2nd Gear
Well the GreenIguana will be up there Thurdsday night leaving on Friday on business.... Sorry I can't stay for the event.
Have fun - Be safe.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Mporter
1st Gear
Too late for MitM discount?

Finally registered for MitM late last night, and now I'm booking lodging. I see from Copper's web site that there a plenty of rooms available, but is it too late to use the MitM discount code for a room at Copper?

Also, is the 10% F&B discount a special MitM thing, and is it too late to get in on that?

--M.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
When you register for Copper Lodging

using the MITM code in NAM, you get the discount. Use your keycard at all Copper outlets and you will be fine.

JPS