Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

newbie 2003 mini cooper base

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
robbiedowns22
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie 2003 mini cooper base

hi guys and gals ill try to make it short and sweet with out sounding completely retarded if I do I apologize in advance. so here is the deal

2003 mini cooper base just purchased it for 750 its idling poorly more like stumbles upon acceleration ive reset ecu thanks to some dude helix (your cool man much appreciated) k so did the plugs replaced the serpebtine belt ran some sea foam super cool smoke screen btw definitely made me smile
still falling on its face outta first and slipping 2nd my problem is this I go to buy atf from mini dealer almost died when I was informed of the price but got another smile when I cracked the joke about it being a lifetime atf and no wonder its so costly but here is the issue my mini has a shifter on the floor with two options there is the (d) drive option and then if I move it to the right there is a sort of shiftronic option where I can select the gears but I don't have paddle shifters so my question is do I have a cvt transmission or argitronic or should I go to the top of the ill tie a rope to a 2x4 chick the tire with car in neutral lie down on the down hil side in front of car and yank the rope really hard ? I have a feeling it wont help and the pain might be equalplease can anyone help????