Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Extended warranty... What did you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:47 AM
hamptup
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Extended warranty... What did you buy?

My wife loves this car (ok I like it too lol) but with it's share of warranty repairs and issues I'd be foolish to not get an extended warranty.

What kind of deal did you get?

Old 01-31-2015, 01:57 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll say this: DO NOT GET ONE! I mean it. I got a 2-year extension and the greedy crooks behind the warranty refused to cover the $120 cost of replacing the passenger visor when it broke. It says in their paperwork that it IS covered but the crooks told me it isn't. Typical thieves. If I had extra money, I'd definitely sue them for breach of contract but it isn't worth the pain and trouble. DO NOT GET ONE. They are ALL liars and crooks.

The ones who serviced my Dodge Intrepid also were very troublesome and kept claiming that they weren't affiliated with Chrysler even though they threw a fit if you didn't use "official" Mopar parts.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
I'll say this: DO NOT GET ONE! I mean it. I got a 2-year extension and the greedy crooks behind the warranty refused to cover the $120 cost of replacing the passenger visor when it broke. It says in their paperwork that it IS covered but the crooks told me it isn't. Typical thieves. If I had extra money, I'd definitely sue them for breach of contract but it isn't worth the pain and trouble. DO NOT GET ONE. They are ALL liars and crooks.

The ones who serviced my Dodge Intrepid also were very troublesome and kept claiming that they weren't affiliated with Chrysler even though they threw a fit if you didn't use "official" Mopar parts.
can you tell us the company that did not honor its warranty?

I would buy the actual MINI extended warranty or save the $$ into a bank account.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:19 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
My mini does not qualify for the official MINI/CPO extended warranty. It was a manufacturer buy back under CA lemon law. I would recommend asking at the Mini dealer and a couple of independents who provides good extended Mini warranties..

Last edited by AZdsrt; 01-31-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:51 PM
lefty1630
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called MINIUSA to see if there is a standard price for an extended warranty. I was advised that there is none and work with my dealer. My wife's Mini is being build and about to be shipped to the states. As a member of USAA I called them who offer an extended warranty for $1500. With this in mind it will be easier to deal with the dealer. I don't know who else to TRUST for the extended warranty.