Vendor Announcements Announcments from the Sponsors of North American Motoring. New products, test results, and more.

Why are VacuCams Out of Stock? Read this!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:15 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why are VacuCams Out of Stock? Read this!

I get this question enough that I thought I'd make a general post about it, and just refer people to it as the question comes up.

I don't LIKE to zero the stock of my VacuCams in the NAM store, however the systems are built to order. Simple as that.

A single camera system takes a couple of days to build, a multicamera system takes (2 days x number of cameras) maybe a week to build. While I'm not one to complain about getting orders for my products, over time, when I'm facing 5 or 6 orders at one time, and I start recieving nasty emails about where there order is, or threatening to contact their credit card company to dispute the charge, etc... I have to do something to minimize the backlog. I take the items out of stock.

Now on occasion, I really do have supply issues where I'm out of a part, and need to order more. In fact, I placed some orders before the Dragon that I'm still waiting for, because I anticipated I might just sell out of inventory again. Some people have asked, why don't I order enough parts to keep in stock? The answer is simple. Cash Flow.

Each VacuCam kit contains over 40 steps. I carefully build, inspect, and test each one, and if any part doesn't meet my standards, it gets tossed and rebuilt. With only one guy doing all the work--me-- it's tough to keep up my day job, and my passion for my MINI isn't enough to make everything work!

Finally, if you own a VacuCam, please, please, please read my instruction booklet. I spent a lot of time making those diagrams, and photos, and copy for you.

So to everyone else that's waiting for a VacuCam, I've got big plans on the horizon, so please hang in there.

This year (2006), I've launched the VacuCam Mini, and soon the Tow Hook Mount, and after that the VacuCam Pro CCD cameras. I'm also working on new video support clips so that I can offer you my best tips and advice on how to get the most from your VacuCam. I've also got a few other things hidden up my sleeve for the coming months.

This has been and will continue to be a great year for VacuCam. Thank you all for your support.

And Btw, my domain registrar is undergoing some changes and has rendered my www.VacuCam.com URL dead. To see the site, just steer your browser to:

http://Vacucam.littleMINI.us

Thank You and Warm Regards,

Richard Lin