Vendor Announcements Announcments from the Sponsors of North American Motoring. New products, test results, and more.

Engine Dampers + Early Model Brackets in stock! Red, Blue, Silver Available!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine Dampers + Early Model Brackets in stock! Red, Blue, Silver Available!

ALL COLORS IN STOCK!

You can't get a better deal than this! The best bang for the buck mod out there..for Cooper and Cooper S owners alike! Faster, smoother shifting. No more engine bucking! No more stumble from a standstill! Just rev it up and go!

Hi quality zinc coated hardware, nylon lock nuts, and instructions included!

Damper - $60

+ $10 shipping/handling global

Bracket for 2002 and 2003 model year cars + $20 NOW IN STOCK
+ $8 shipping/handling worldwide

Order damper + bracket together - $80
+ $15 shipping/handling worldwide

Please contact me via e-mail to order and be sure to include the following:
Name
Nam username
Model year
Build Date
Location (US or Non-US)
Color choice
Check the links in my signature for more reviews

Here are some customer comments:

"The end result after several weeks of driving is WOW."

"I got my engine damper installed tonight and I love it!!!!!! It's awesome!"

"Smooth is the best description."

"The transition from gear to gear feels much smoother."

"The engine damper has fixed the torque steer problem I was having. No matter how hard I try, it's totally gone - amazing!"

"I have a March 03' build MCS and installed mine today with no problems. It took about 10 minutes to install. I used a 11/16" wrench instead of the 17mm and it still worked just fine."

"On my test drive I felt it in the shifting, more 'crisp' and communicative... There is a directness to the shifting that I never felt before in my car... And that shudder getting going in 1st gear is minimized..But I think this mod really shines when you let 'er rip .. The power just goes down, much more direct, and a much less sloppy feeling than before..."

"Over here in Germany we drive a little bit faster we all suffer from those vibrations and engine-movement when shifting under high load and especially in nice corners. The engine movement has stop completely and I can say this was one of the unexpensive but most noticeable mods to do!"

"As far as how I feel about it? I think it has been the best $ (I forgot how much plus shipping) I've spent. The change in the response of the car was immediate. Throttle response was improved dramatically or at least it felt like it. The engine felt solidly connected to the rest of the car. It feels a lot smoother at take off and into the whole rev range. It just make the car feel solid. There is less jerking when releasing the throttle when at high RPM's for a shift. As far as more pronounced feel of engine movement through the steering column and the rest of the car that everyone else seems to feel, I actaully feel less. It made me wonder if I may have had a bad engine mount, but I've looked and I don't. The damper has made a great improvement to the general feel of the car."

"I am using a damper on an MC convertible. It makes the drivetrain more responsive to the clutch and accelerator, because the engine has less free movement before it "engages". In terms of bang for the buck, I doubt that you'll find any mod that gives you as much effect for the cost. What it did for my driving experience is that I feel better and more immediate feedback and control. For example shifting is improved because less energy gets spooled up into the engine movement while getting on and off the clutch.

S and Cooper use the same stock engine mounts, so a damper will have the same effect on either. The reviews from S owners are equally valid for Coopers."

"WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered this dampener back in Nov. 2006 and just got to installing it last Saturday... I wanted to drive the car for a couple of months so that I could feel the difference. Let me tell you... The car responds so much better now.. I LOVE this mod.. I have been moding cars for 7 years now and this is the best mod I have ever done... The shifting is so much tighter now as well... I don't have any vibration in the steering wheel like some people posted.. Oh, just so you know, this can be installed without the stubby wrench and without the tape... just PATIENCE is need and some creativity and holding everything in place with your fingers... took only 30 mins to get it in...THANK YOU SHOE! love the product... "
Colors

On my 04 MCS

Damper for Early model year cars

Installed on a 05 Cooper (manual)

Existing Bolt on MC that needs to be replaced