R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 What else should i do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 03:00 PM
mhopper49
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What else should i do???

On my 05 s I am going to be installing new struts and adjustable rear control arms here in a week or so. My question is what else should I look at or just go ahead and change?

Old 05-21-2015, 03:54 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Sway bars are a great complement as well! I love replacing/upgrading all my bushings as well. Look under suspension at this link here for some ideas on what other components to replace. We have a great amount of parts available for these replacements as well here. If you need DIY assistance check out our tech articles here.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-21-2015, 05:04 PM
mhopper49
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pelicanparts I am sending back a set of lower adjustable control arms, can I just get credit to buy more stuff? Or do I have to wait the 30 days to get my money back?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:07 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
check the front strut mounts as they are often cracked or broken

May want to do the rear upper shock mounts, the powerflex upper rears are a good option.

Front control arm bushings should also be replaced if you haven't already. The Powerflex Bushings are the best and will never wear out again.

A sway bar is a great mod to do at the same time if you're looking for mods. We recommend the Hsport Comp bar as the best.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-22-2015, 08:58 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by mhopper49
Question Pelicanparts I am sending back a set of lower adjustable control arms, can I just get credit to buy more stuff? Or do I have to wait the 30 days to get my money back?
Yes, I believe you can get a store credit instead of getting money back. Did you call customer service and get an RMA#? If not, you need to do that and tell them you would like a store credit. If you have and didn't get that, please call back and request you get a store credit rather than having your money refunded. Let me know if you need more assistance.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST