Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio HK sound system has weak output after autobody repair.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 06:02 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HK sound system has weak output after autobody repair.

Hi, I hope somebody here can give me more insight about my problem I am having. So about a month or so ago I had to get the whole right side of my car re-painted because of some vandalism that was done to my car. The body shop I went to did an awesome job, and the paint job looks just like new. However, I thought initially it was just me, but I'm pretty sure that after having the car back for a month now that there's something wrong with the output of my sound system. I am constantly having to turn up the volume with the **** more than I used to get it to where I like it, and today I started to use the Pandora app to stream some music for the first time since I got the car back and it was very obvious that there was something wrong with the speakers. The music was even fainter and almost impossible to hear unless I turn the volume way up and also the singing sounded very garbled. When I unplugged the iPhone and listened to the music from the phone it sounded just fine. I tried different stations and the same problem persisted. So now I am thinking that when the body shop had to strip the car down in order to do a good job painting the hood, front fender, the door, and the rear quarter panel, is it possible that they had to unplug some wiring from the speakers and just didn't put it back on properly? I would greatly appreciate any help any of you can give me.