Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Stereo turns on, no sound from any speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Lessence
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H/K mode is not visible actually. how would i check for power to the amp or the ibus connection??

Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 AM
RAZ
Neutral
THIS IS GOING TO COST

I have a 2004 Mini Cooper S Convertible and it has the Harmon Kardon stereo that came with the car-- it has been working ok up to about four weeks ago, when it would either come on or not depending on its mood. It got worse and I took it to my local garage who after pulling the car apart to find the main amp which was not where the manual said it was, said it was dead. Having contacted various colleagues in the motor trade they got the feedback that there is a regular fault with these amps on these systems in this car. I am now waiting for a new amp to be flown from Germany as there is none in the UK. (That’s probably because they can’t make them fast enough to replace the bad ones!).
It is going to cost me £450 sterling plus all the labour etc. I also had a faulty steering pump which was flagged up a Consumer TV programme on the main channel in the UK as a major problem on Minis. It could actually fail while you are driving - potentially major accident. BMW denied that there was any problem with the power steering and are doing the same with the amp. How is it a major manufacturer cares so little about its image? COME ON BMW - WHEN YOU ARE AT FAULT COMPENSATE YOUR CLIENTS. Let’s hear something from you. NOW

Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Jennifer McGlocklin
Neutral
car stereo doesnt have sound unless i unplug it and plug it back in

Tried to hook up an aftermarket stereo system and it worked fine the first time. I turned off the car and when I went to cut it back on, the stereo stopped producing sound. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked fine. everytime I cut the car off the stereo wont produce any sound. what could be the problem?

Old 12-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Dhyde1
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Antenna installed now no sound from HK stereo

Similar problem but interesting lead up to the problem. I have a 06 Mini Copper S with the HK stereo. Everything was working fine with the system and sounded great except for the radio reception... due to a broken antenna whip and housing. So I decided to fix the antenna by installing an aftermarket shark fin. New antenna instal went fine with no problems... but now i get no sound from the stereo. Everything lights up and look normal... just no sound. All fuses have been checked including the one on the back of the deck.

Is it possible that there is some error being thrown to the computer that is disabling power to the amp? Seems odd that the antenna would have any effect on the amp.

The following users liked this post:
Thecaptincurt (12-12-2020)